logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spencerm24  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:07:11 AM(UTC)
spencerm24

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I'd like to be able to send something out bus A and B that isn't being sent to the main mix. There are a few situations in which using the Bus A/B I'd feed an IFB for talent, and they often want to hear themselves in their ear regardless of being on air or not. (hockey games in loud venues, earphones let them talk to themsevles off air). Seems this currently isn't possible. A simple button to send the audio source out the Bus at unity "pre fade" would solve this for most applications.
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:59:58 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
spencerm24 wrote:
I'd like to be able to send something out bus A and B that isn't being sent to the main mix.
A simple button to send the audio source out the Bus at unity "pre fade" would solve this for most applications.

Some would argue that you can already do this via the "group send" routing buttons - by switching off 'M' and enabling 'A' and/or 'B' for the input in question. As a user of traditional hardware mixers I'm well aware that this isn't the same as having a pre/post-fader option on the (aux) A & B group channel sends, but AFAIK this is how the vMix audio mixer is intended to be used.
spencerm24  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:52:05 PM(UTC)
spencerm24

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
zenvideo wrote:
spencerm24 wrote:
I'd like to be able to send something out bus A and B that isn't being sent to the main mix.
A simple button to send the audio source out the Bus at unity "pre fade" would solve this for most applications.

Some would argue that you can already do this via the "group send" routing buttons - by switching off 'M' and enabling 'A' and/or 'B' for the input in question. As a user of traditional hardware mixers I'm well aware that this isn't the same as having a pre/post-fader option on the (aux) A & B group channel sends, but AFAIK this is how the vMix audio mixer is intended to be used.

Thats an alright workaround, I come from physical traditional broadcast environment, so trying I'm trying to adapt to these new ways. I will give that a go and see if it does the trick.