logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
drnick  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:27:44 PM(UTC)
drnick

Groups: Registered

Hey I came across a bug when trying to use fullscreen mode.

My display drivers crash attempting to use fullscreen on my secondary monitor.I had to restart my machine to get it back to normal. I was able to get the fullscreen output to work by unchecking 'Low latentcy capture' and "High input performance mode'.

My specs are as followed.

Windows 10 pro 64bit (10.0.16229 build 16299)
Vmix 20.0.0.46 (Vmix 4k)
Processor: 4790k
32 gigs of ram
Nvidia Geforce 980ti sc
Nvidia Drivers: 388.71
2 Blackmagic decklink mini recorder
Tascam 4x4 audio interface
Henny  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:49:44 PM(UTC)
Henny

Man

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I've seen this too but with a 1060 card, my setup has a 49" 4K tv as the main desktop display for vmix then, 3 x 1080's out for Program out and additional monitors, on last try i couldn't get vmix to go full screen with all 4 displays attached, drop one display from the system and it was fine, removing the Nvidia experience ect and just leaving the drivers did help me get my main display up to 4k without vmix crashing out the graphics card. Note this is a Graphics Driver crash not just Vmix and it has only started happening since the latest round of major win10 updates ,

If anyone knows if and where Nvidia stores a error log then i can share it to help find the issue
Kelvin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 11:50:03 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Had similar issues with a 1060 card using the latest Nvidia drivers and Win 10 version 1709. Worked with Nvidia support and had to back up 4 generations of Nvidia drivers to get one that worked. Supposedly, Microsoft is aware of the issue and it should be fixed in the latest update to Win 10. I haven't had the guts to try newer Nvidia drivers yet.
tselliott  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:31:27 AM(UTC)
tselliott

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Kelvin wrote:
Worked with Nvidia support and had to back up 4 generations of Nvidia drivers to get one that worked.

Any chance you could tell me the exact driver version you're on now? I've got a brand new system with a 1070 and whenever fullscreen is enabled, all attached monitors flash a few times until the graphics driver crashes and windows reverts to the microsoft basic display adapter. As has already been mentioned, the only fix for this is a complete system reboot. For what it's worth, I'm using version 391.01, but the same issues was present with whatever version the machine shipped with (I think it was a release or two older).
tselliott  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2018 4:55:22 PM(UTC)
tselliott

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've tried all the versions from 391.24 (just released a few days ago) all the way back to 382.05 (released in May of 2017). I experience the hard graphics subsystem crash every time I enable fullscreen. This is on a brand new machine with Win10x64 Home.

For the moment we're using several instances of the NDI monitor app along with piping the content we wanted on Fullscreen to outputs 3 and 4 (with ndi enabled) to work around this bug. In another thread I read about trying to adjust the refresh rate of the monitors to match that of the project. In my tests, this doesn't seem to have any effect.

If more information about my specific set up would be helpful, i can provide.