logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cybermouse  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:01:51 AM(UTC)
cybermouse

Groups: Registered

Hello, first sorry for my bad english....

We are using vMix for inserting sport graphics to live sport transmissions. Encoder application is controlling score and other graphics, with the api calls is putting this graphics to vMix and vMix video/audio devices are used for streaming to servers. We are using vMix just like „background service“ – with the idea that user do not need understend vMix controlling. Our users are not speking english and need solution as simple as possible.

There will be great feature to implement as api calls:
-add new Capture device throw the API (like madness)
-close an open preset
-open a stored preset
-configure recording
-list for a avaiable recording formats (win 8 could not record mp2 without buing some extension)
-set more text in XAML in one api call
-SetImage option - load an image from url (did not tried, maybe is implemented)
- disable vMix for an interaction with user or hiding vMix totally – for example run it as a service with allways enabled api - becouse all task with vMix could be done by api calls - there is a chance that user will close vMix or do something wrong in it :(.

I am trying hide vMix window after starting encoder and then vMix(with [DllImport("user32.dll")] private static extern bool ShowWindowAsync(IntPtr hWnd, int nCmdShow);), but I am not sure this operation is not in collision with vMix – sometimes after restoring vMix window there are not preview of inputs.

Thanks a lot
Michal