logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Argo82  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 7, 2018 11:33:05 AM(UTC)
Argo82

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to disable any "CutDirect" shortcuts while certain inputs such as video clips or replays are being output (or a similar solution) so there are no accidental switches while these are being controlled by another vMix operator?

Our old workflow consisted of a hardware switcher feeding Wirecast one pre-mixed video signal, with Wirecast playing video clips and replays. Our switcher operator is not accustomed to having a proper preview bus to work with since his hardware switcher only had a multi-view and no real preview bus. He would switch and adjust shots during commercials, which is why he is concerned that he would accidentally switch inputs on program, which would stop the playback of commercials, replays, etc.

Our next production will be the first time we officially use vMix for our complete workflow. I have been playing with it off and on for a few years, but have finally managed to get more people onside.

Thanks very much
Argo
Argo82  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 11, 2018 12:04:59 PM(UTC)
Argo82

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Just in case someone else is looking for an update to this, I figured I would just set a shortcut to have the video overlay itself so if the program input was changed by accident, at least the video wouldn't change. I don't know if this would add unnecessary CPU usage, but will try it the next time I am at the office. I currently just use the free SD version at home for trying things out.