logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BEAMAVisuals  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 12:38:23 PM(UTC)
BEAMAVisuals

Groups: Registered

Often times, when using the List or Images inputs, I don't necessarily use them as a playlist or slideshow, but a convenient way to group certain videos or images together for quick reference (ex. if I have 20 ads I need to be able to quickly select and play, I'll put them in a list, turn off the auto-play, then use the drop down list as a way to quickly find and select the content I need rather than having to scroll through 20 separate video inputs). One of the limitations I'm finding with the Photos (or slideshow) input is not being able to see file names, but only a still of the image when looking in the Slideshow Settings window.

Another example: I often use VMix for digital scoreboards for curling, and need to be able to move a .png image of a hammer from position to position as the game progresses, position depending on how each team scores for that end. I like to make a still image of each possible position of the hammer, then select and overlay the different images as required to place it in the right position (when live, this is faster for me than trying to move a single image using the position data in the input settings). When looking at a still of a small icon on a transparent back ground, it can be very difficult to see which position image I need without being able to refer to the file name. As it is now, my workaround is to create a 1 sec video of the png so that I am able to see the file names using the List Input. Would you be able make the file name visible when browsing in the Slideshow Settings window of the Photos input (or perhaps have a way of switching between views, one where you see stills of each image like you have now, one where it just shows a list of the names of the files contained in the folder).

Either that or allowing the List input to include more file formats than just video. Either option would be really helpful for me. Thanks!