logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
buzzbuzz  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2017 7:14:32 PM(UTC)
buzzbuzz

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am new to VMix, having used it now for only a couple of days. I have been using OBS for a couple of years but for various reasons, want to consider using vmix instead. I also published a similar post in a different group today in the event you have seen it.
Essentially, I am looking for a way to scroll down the input in vmix to see what segment of the page i might want to show and discuss on twitter. Thus, the purpose would be to showcase and talk about specific tweets I might find during some of our shows.
Here is a screen shot image of what the vmix operation might look like. The image that would be playing would have the twitter page with the video conference layered in front.
The issue is—how can I scroll down the twitter page, see vividly the different posts so we can show and discuss. Of course, the same issue applies to any type of webpage or image/slide etc.
In terms of performing this operation with vmix, I have clicked on the little TV button which will maximize the screen, but if i try to scroll up or down the page, to find what might interest my audience, any type of clicking action or mouse-cursor action will cause the page to revert back to its pre-maximized form. Thus, I cannot scroll and view in real time so the viewers can see what I want them to view.
If I use the position controls, I cannot scroll up and down the page in a maximized format to see the segments I might want to discuss. I can maximize the twitter page, but not scroll and maximize within that same position-control feature. To explain better, here is a .gif i created to show what i am able to do with obs. It is so much easier to control and to view and I am just trying to see if there might be some way I can do the same with vmix which surely makes maximize, scroll and display seemingly so much easier and more clear.
[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/upaau7qy8gpdm8f/25385620_311188909368754_3621003364373889024_n.mp4?dl=0[/img] UserPostedImage
ask  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2017 7:57:09 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Have a look at vMix Social. There are videos to explain how to use it on the vMIx YT channel
thanks 1 user thanked ask for this useful post.
buzzbuzz on 1/1/2018(UTC)
buzzbuzz  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2018 12:50:12 PM(UTC)
buzzbuzz

Yes, your response was spot on. I took a look at the video and played with it. Very powerful tool indeed.