logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jvanhoose  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:18:16 PM(UTC)
jvanhoose

Groups: Registered

First, have built a test rig, and the latest VMix version is working splendidly (4 HD-SDI inputs via DeckLink Duo cards and a single HD-SDI output). So that's good.

A couple of questions - and maybe there is a simple answer - but I haven't figured it out yet:

1. How can I make VMix always start with a specific profile? I have a profile constructed, but I have to have the operator manually load it in. Is there a way (for example, via command line, or something) to specific which profile to actually start it up with?

2. I can't seem to get VMix to always activate the output and the fullscreen options - no matter what state the profile is in when it is saved. Is there a way to do this?

3. Is there a way to change the size of the per-channel interface preview windows? For example, could I expand them some (even if it meant reducing the other windows). I would really like to see these get a bit larger. It would be really cool if these windows could be a bit larger).

Other than that, so far, things are going quite well. These are just some final nits that would be really useful.

Jeff :-)
tony marone  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:10:10 PM(UTC)
tony marone

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Jeff,

I have a setup like yours with 2 Decklink Duos. You can find my full setup in one of my earlier posts.

I am curious to know what you are using for SDI output?

I too would like to see vMix start with the last preset and at fullscreen also!

As far as the UI is concerned, I sure would like to see the Preview and Program Monitors not have so much
wasted space. After all, its a 16x9 world we are living in now, and 4x3 sources should be centered in the 16x9
window in my opinion. If this were done, there would be room to make the individual source monitors larger, maybe
even two rows.

I would also like the ability to change the color scheme to my liking.

Finally, I would like to loose the way inputs are placed in a row. If something happens and you have to close
an input, then when you reopen it, it is at the end of the row. Some of us are very particular about how our inputs are arranged
and this can be a real problem.

We are located down south in B'ham AL but every year we go up to Northwestern IL to do sound, lights, and video at the Cornerstone Festival.
Maybe we can meet up and compare vMix rigs! It is rare to find someone this close who has the software.

Tony
jvanhoose  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:23:28 PM(UTC)
jvanhoose

Yes, I had seen the posting on your rig - it was actually one of the reasons that I went ahead and moved ahead with this option (I wanted to make sure that someone else was running something similar - everyone else seems to be running a lot of the Intensity cards - which are not what I was really looking for).

At this point, we are just using another Decklink SDI card (nothing fancy - the el'cheapo). We are then running this output into a BMD Broadcast Converter (to convert it to both HDMI and analog - some of our old stuff still runs analog). We loop the SDI through this (still in HD) and run it into another system that runs Telestream Wirecast with another BMD DeckLink card (I really should go and buy some BMD stock!).

Unfortunate that you haven't found a way to get the last preset and full screen. Hopefully, the developer will take these suggestions under advisement and maybe get them in the next version (wouldn't think that these would be a big issue).

Yes, the input ordering is a pain - I can't remember how many times it took to get everything exactly right. Fortunately, we don't do much in the way of "files-based" input, so it isn't that much of an issue - I only have a few images or files loaded. I am a bit concerned as to what happens when you fill up the row of inputs - haven't really tried it, but, shouldn't be a big issue.

If I had my "super wish", I would just love to have a way to resize all of the windows - so that way, they can all be customized in size. I would even be happy with just some different size choices! The 16:9 in a 4:3 image is also a bit annoying - it isn't really bad - just annoying.

As to Cornerstone, we'll have to play it by ear and see how it goes.

Jeff :-)