logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
danspada  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 3, 2017 9:55:33 PM(UTC)
danspada

Groups: Registered

I am clueless when it comes to anything audio, but thought I'd be able to figure this out. I have a small middle school studio where two kids are able to do a news show, but I am also trying to get people to be able to call in with vMix Call, so we can host different experts in different fields. The Behringer is set-up to the computer via a USB cord. I realize that plugging in the student mics is pretty simple. But I am unsure how to set-up the mixer so that the guest's voice will come through, and the guest will be able to hear me. I have a few different types of cables. From what I read I need to use the computer's mic jack and headphone jack. I have some 3.5mm to XLR, 3.5mm to 1/4", and a 3.5mm to 2 Mono 1/4" Y-Cable, but I don't know where any of them go. If anyone can provide me with any help or guidance, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm not sure if it's related or not, but when we try to add an audio input, we can see the USB audio device, and when I add it, I can hear sound come through the mixer into the headphones, but no sound appears in the vMix audio mixer. Again, if anyone has any help, I'd love an advice.

Here is a link to a picture of the same audio mixer: https://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/behringer-xenyx-1204usb-238484.jpg
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2017 2:30:36 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
With the Behringer connected by USB, your guest should be able to hear the main out of vMix if that's the way you have it set up.

When adding the Behringer, go to

Add Audio Input
Use the Audio Device drop down and add

USB Audio Codec

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's related or not, but when we try to add an audio input, we can see the USB audio device, and when I add it, I can hear sound come through the mixer into the headphones, but no sound appears in the vMix audio mixer. Again, if anyone has any help, I'd love an advice.

Try pressing the 2-TR/USB to Main button. I don't have a 1204, but some of those type of Behringers have the capacity not to include audio in the Main Mix. If by any chance you have a Shure mic mixer, use it. Fewer confusing knobs and controls.

I suggest you watch this video tutorial from Tom Sinclair (Streaming Idiots) which explains the basics of setting up and using vMix call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWwDngY2nfs