logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jet  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 11:18:12 AM(UTC)
jet

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Bugs:

- If the target HD for recording is not spinning when Record is started then the recording will fail.

Solution: vMix should wait few seconds and retry recording few times and only fail after first waiting and retrying multiple times.

- If asset is missing then vMix dispalys the missing file name partly in file name field.

- The update module of vMix is not signed. Why not? Should be :)

- Arduino Tally lights support with Arduino Micro is still (partly?) broken :( Still not working here. The last version that worked and still works is vMix 18..59

Kind regards,
Jan

jet attached the following image(s):
vMix--partly-filename-displayed.jpg (50kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:05:07 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4165 time(s) in 1496 post(s)
Hi,

I have modified this posts title as these are not issues specific to vMix 20, or even the latest update.

The recording issue is a Windows limitation, there is no way for a program to know the drive is not spinned up.
As vMix is a real time program, you will need to disable power management on that drive.
Search for Edit Power Plan in the start menu, then click Change Advanced Power Settings and set the Turn off hard disk after setting to 0.

The asset missing dialog seems to have been resized too small, the full filename is there if you drag the mouse over the box to the left.
Expand the size of this window to see it more clearly.

Both the vMix installer and vMix64.exe are signed, as in all versions, they would not work properly if not.

As for the tally light, you have posted this on a number of occasions and my reply is the same unfortunately, we can't replicate the problem
on our end so I suspect there is an issue affecting your particular device.
With latest drivers and Firmata firmware it connects just fine on this end, if the device is not an official arduino build one that might explain it
as some of them used different serial interfaces that are not compatible. Trying a replacement would be my recommendation. Or email us on how we can replicate the issue
with an official arduino micro.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

jet  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:49:23 AM(UTC)
jet

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi Martin.

admin wrote:

The asset missing dialog seems to have been resized too small, the full filename is there if you drag the mouse over the box to the left.
Expand the size of this window to see it more clearly.

Yes, the file name is there but partly hidden - it's not displayed on the file reguester File name field completely and the window size does NOT cause this problem. It happens with large window as well.

admin wrote:

Both the vMix installer and vMix64.exe are signed, as in all versions, they would not work properly if not.

So why it then asks every time if the updater executable from "Unknown publisher" (vMixUpdate.exe) should be allowed to be run?

admin wrote:

As for the tally light, you have posted this on a number of occasions and my reply is the same unfortunately, we can't replicate the problem
on our end so I suspect there is an issue affecting your particular device.

That is not logical as the same device works flawlessly with vMix 18.

The Arduino Micro used is genuine.

Lets finally dig to the root of this problem by TeamViewer!

Kind regards,
Jan
admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 6:19:52 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4165 time(s) in 1496 post(s)
jet wrote:

That is not logical as the same device works flawlessly with vMix 18.

We improved compatibility across a number of Arduino devices in a recent update.
This made our implementation more robust with the latest firmata and Arduino drivers.

Unfortunately, devices that are out of spec may have problems which is why I enquired as to whether it might not be genuine.
(It is extremely difficult to tell, we have purchased Arduino Mega in the past that looked identical to the real thing, but were using
a knockoff chipset)

For the filename, I can now confirm it might display like this in Windows 10, however we used the standard windows dialog
and have no control over how long filenames are displayed. Functionality should not be affected however.

vMixUpdate.exe is not signed, only the main vMix applications are.
Windows may will prompt for administrator access when running utilities, and may mention unknown publisher for unsigned utilities.