logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 10:33:08 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
It would be very useful to be able to add custom Safe Area masks. For example, when arranging Multiview layers for a powerpoint and talent PiP combo. A custom mask makes sure that the layout and proportions (eg 4:3) is maintaned after cropping and resizing. (For those of you that have never taken in projection signals from venues, trust me that image typically has to be tweaked. Often between presenters).

As currently (v20.0.30) the SafeArea selected in Preview is also used in the Input settings window. If not too complicated to implement, I would like to be able to use different ones in Preview and Input settings, perhaps also with a Settings Options for "Different Safe Area in Preview/Input" (default Off).

A shortcut to select a SetSafeArea for the Preview Window would come in handy.

Thanks.
SHMD  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 8:31:46 AM(UTC)
SHMD

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: richardgatarski Go to Quoted Post
It would be very useful to be able to add custom Safe Area masks. For example, when arranging Multiview layers for a powerpoint and talent PiP combo. A custom mask makes sure that the layout and proportions (eg 4:3) is maintaned after cropping and resizing. (For those of you that have never taken in projection signals from venues, trust me that image typically has to be tweaked. Often between presenters).

+1 for Custom Safe Area
I am going to bring richardgatarski's feature request back up again and hopefully it will get some traction and +1s as GT has added more complex graphics and being able to upload or change a SAFE AREA to get cameras, overlays, presentations etc. in place.

Right now I have been using tape on the preview monitor ;)

-SHMD