logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
video review sl  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2017 8:29:42 PM(UTC)
video review sl

Groups: Registered

I updated to Premiere Pro CC 2018 and with the latest version of vMix I am running into the issue that my audio and video are not in sync in Premiere. It seems fine with the default Windows video players.

Of note, the frame rate that is displayed in Premiere is a bit less than the normal 29.97 and this varies per clip. I have tried to interpret footage but this doesn't fix the problem.

Running through hand brake fixes the issue but is a really slow workaround and kills the efficiency of doing a live-switch in the first place.

Any fixes? Anyone else having this issue?
LAJDigital  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2017 11:58:40 AM(UTC)
LAJDigital

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
you might have to run the file though Handbrake. Adobe Premier cannot handle variable frame rate files and will get out of synch. by using handbrake you can convert the file from variable frame rate to a constant frame rate
henri55  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 11:41:33 AM(UTC)
henri55

For me this "no CBR (constant bitrate) recording" is the only drawback with vMix at the moment. Well it's also Adobe issue to not be able to play VBR.

Handbrake is not a good solution because it's slow process with long sessions and sometimes quality turns very bad. Latter could be user error.

This convert to index method from knowledge base does nothing. Same sync issue is there. I haven't tested recording straight to the indexed format yet because I can't find such option from current version. I mainly stream with laptop so a power failure is very unlikely.

https://www.vmix.com/kno...rrectly-in-some-programs
Cpilcher  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 12:36:26 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
This is more of a Premiere issue in my mind. VBR is very common in cases like PC Video capture, it allows just the slightest wiggle room to avoid dropped frames. There are a few good VBR editors out there that will get the job done natively.

But Premiere has been requested for years (YEARS) to accept VBR and they have denied it. In my mind the editing software should be able to handle the footage that is thrown at it, especially since VBR is not some obscure method.

Not sure how much it is worth to you... I have a Decimator DUC (Down Up Converter) that will convert your files to another format / framerate, and that works well. I have also had good success with my Atomos Ninja Recorder, that can record ProRes and that seems to play well with Premiere.

CPilcher
video review sl  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2017 7:49:11 PM(UTC)
video review sl

This is very frustrating. I'm not sure why but all of my MP4 recordings on two computers seem to be having issues while the other computer seems to be working fine. On know on my core i7 7700K system with a GTX 1070 and Decklink Quad 2 I am dropping frames. A few source dropped and lots of renderer dropped.

I'm currently troubleshooting this issue but what has me scratching my head is how two different systems that were previously rock solid are having issues when they are completely different. The other is a brand new laptop with core i7 7700K and GTX 1060 with Magewell USB 3.0 capture cards.

I haven't yet checked the create new file every x minutes. I probably should but I think there is another issue here. I have to speculate but dropping frames combined with Variable Frame Rate recording mean that I have to redo so many of my recent jobs starting again from the raw footage.