logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SHMD  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 8:35:58 AM(UTC)
SHMD

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Just a quick question as I have been using vmix for 2 years now, just the other day I went to do a clean recording of a stream and noticed the user interface has changed in vMix 20. I spent a few minutes fumbiling around but could not figure it out, so I did the recording with all the graphic overlays.

When I had some time after the production it seems to me that I have to make 2 recordings one with overlays one without? It looks like output 1 is locked to the recording/stream/external output. We no longer have checkboxes to remove overlays from just the recording in output 1. If I select to remove overlays in output 1, none showup in the stream. Only way I could get it to work was use output 2 overlays off, but then I had to record output 1 and output 2.

I just need a clean recording that will be used for post edits, highlights etc. I really don’t need 2 recordings... am I missing something simple in the new interface? I am running the 4K version of vMix 20 on the machine in question.

I will check through the vMix tutorial videos to see if updates have been made to show how to use the new vMix20 outputs.

Thanks
-s
admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 9:23:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi,

Output 1 in vMix has always been locked to Recording/Streaming/External.
This means Recording and Streaming will always have the same overlay settings.

What we have done in vMix 20 is add two more outputs, and adjusted the layout in Settings -> Outputs so they could all fit in, but functionality remains the same.

So you are correct that using the second recorder is the only way to isolate the overlays from the stream, or you could use
any of the outputs over NDI to another computer that is dedicated to streaming for more flexibility.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
SHMD on 11/2/2017(UTC)
SHMD  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 9:43:48 PM(UTC)
SHMD

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 31 post(s)
admin wrote:

So you are correct that using the second recorder is the only way to isolate the overlays from the stream, or you could use
any of the outputs over NDI to another computer that is dedicated to streaming for more flexibility.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Martin,
Thanks for the response... I just went back in my notes that I have made and noticed I use to record to my atomos ninja with no overlays so I was using an output ;).
I think with me rushing around setting up for a broadcast and seeing the new output screen made me have a temporary memory-loss! LOL.

BTW I like the new layout as it makes it easy to see where and what is going out on every output/NDI.

Thanks'

-sheldon