logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bobdoyle  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 10:47:15 AM(UTC)
bobdoyle

Groups: Registered
Man

In one of the videos, Tim is triggering sound effects from his Xkey board (?).

I'm wondering how we can trigger sounds, music, etc. that will just PLAY regardless of what input is playing...like the cart machines of days of old. That looks like what he's doing there, but I can't figure out how to just trigger a sound without changing an input and what's going live.

Any help greatly appreciated. :)
Cpilcher  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:08:11 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I'm not sure exactly how he is doing it. But I would add an Audio File as an input. Then you could create a shortcut to play that particular file. as long as the audio is active on that input and checked to play through the "M" master audio channel, it should play over any active inputs.

CPilcher
bobdoyle  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:27:28 PM(UTC)
bobdoyle

Man

Cpilcher wrote:
I'm not sure exactly how he is doing it. But I would add an Audio File as an input. Then you could create a shortcut to play that particular file. as long as the audio is active on that input and checked to play through the "M" master audio channel, it should play over any active inputs.

CPilcher

Well, I'm just getting started with Vmix but I don't know what the Master audio channel is all about yet. I thought I'd gone through all the tutorials, but maybe not. I assumed I'd have to set up a shortcut, but just haven't seen any examples of this use. I will try some things. Thanks!
Cpilcher  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:36:03 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
You can create a shortcut. Choose "Play" from the Input Shortcut options. And then select the input of choice from the drop down on the shortcut settings.

There is a list of all shortcuts available here https://www.vmix.com/hel...m?KeyboardShortcuts.html - Choose "Shortcut Function Reference" at the bottom of the contents to view an organized list of shortcut options. I find what I am looking for much easier there.

CPilcher

PS: The master audio is the "M" next to the "A" and "B" on the input audio mixer. I believe it would be active on the Master channel by default but if it isn't just click the "M" so it is green. That will route the audio form that input to your Master channel (In my case the final output for production). You can also have the audio routed to 2 separate channels A & B for other monitoring and routing options.
thanks 1 user thanked Cpilcher for this useful post.
bobdoyle on 10/31/2017(UTC)