logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SRP  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 12:26:25 AM(UTC)
SRP

Groups: Registered

I recently recorded a live stream broadcast as I normally do. It's set to record to a new file every 10 minutes and at the beginning of every recording, on frame 10, it skips. I dont know how far it skips, but it isn't very long - but it's made the recordings virtually useless because they're no longer continuous footage.

Anybody else run into this problem? Know what caused it? I'm running the latest version of v19 btw. Into a Deckline Mini recorder (via Thunderbolt).. Have never had issues until now.
SRP  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 1:28:40 AM(UTC)
SRP

Upon further diag's in the editing suite. It has the first 10 frames that *should* be there (continuous from the previous file) - but on the 11th frame it jumps to something in the future.

When I have the files side by side in the editing suite - it looks like there's a jump cut 10 frames into each file.

(does that make any sense?)
Cpilcher  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:17:23 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I have seen something similar, when importing my recordings into Premiere Pro CC. I don't split my video files anymore to keep this from happening, so I'm not sure if this issue persists with the current version.

I would have to line up my clips, and remove the first frame from the start of each recording. It would seem it is repeating a frame from the end of the first clip to the start of the second. I thought this may have been a problem with Premiere since I had audio sync issues at the same time (and the same files played in sync on other software).

I am getting ready for a show this weekend so everything is setup, I can test this again tonight and see if I still experience the issue.

CPilcher
SRP  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:24:44 PM(UTC)
SRP

Yeah, I thought it might have been Premiere, but I loaded the files into vMix and into VLC and they have the same issue. Also transcoded the files to a mezzanine (DNX) file format and it was still an issue. Problem exists in the files themselves.
Cpilcher  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:31:30 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
OK. If you give me the details of your input and recording settings I will run a test later this evening and post an update.
admin  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 10:19:31 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4173 time(s) in 1498 post(s)
Hi,

I have investigated the support report sent, and the recording and the master frame rate in vMix are set to 24p while the camera input is set to 59.94i.
This means vMix needs to drop frames to adapt to the output frame rate and it is not going to be smooth as a result.

I would recommend changing vMix to match the format for the camera, and also the recording settings as a test.
Also try a different recording format such as AVI just to compare the results.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
RobLambert on 11/1/2017(UTC)