logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
waldron18  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 10:31:22 PM(UTC)
waldron18

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have created a basketball and netball scoreboard that runs on wordpress or a windows app can creates a json file that can be used as a data source in vmix.

It's working a treat and gets around the Google Sheets "too many requests" issue as I have it updating every 100ms and no issues at all. The web based version is great as I can get anyone with an internet connection in the stadium to do the scoring for me.

Any other sports I should do? Soccer maybe?

I'd appreciate feedback!
waldron18 attached the following image(s):
Basketball.png (221kb) downloaded 120 time(s).
Netball.png (186kb) downloaded 88 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 1 user thanked waldron18 for this useful post.
Ario on 9/22/2017(UTC)
bcartwright  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 11:40:18 PM(UTC)
bcartwright

waldron18 wrote:
I have created a basketball and netball scoreboard that runs on wordpress or a windows app can creates a json file that can be used as a data source in vmix.

It's working a treat and gets around the Google Sheets "too many requests" issue as I have it updating every 100ms and no issues at all. The web based version is great as I can get anyone with an internet connection in the stadium to do the scoring for me.

I'd appreciate feedback!

that looks really good.

Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Baseball would be great

what's the scoreboard look like in vMix??
waldron18  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 4:09:01 AM(UTC)
waldron18

bcartwright wrote:
waldron18 wrote:

I'd appreciate feedback!

that looks really good.

Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Baseball would be great

what's the scoreboard look like in vMix??

Thanks... I was definitely thinking soccer would be handy. With the scoreboard in Vmix, I have just created some of my own in photoshop and then used the Title Designer to put the text fields in. Then in vmix I use the json file I have created to map the scoreboard to the text fields... works a treat.
Joeboe  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 6:36:36 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
wish you can post that app so we here can test it and see if we find any bugs that will help you develop it
fenki86  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 3:16:24 PM(UTC)
fenki86

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
This looks really great and promising. I'm trying to achieve something similar by using OpenSource. Anybody has an idea if it would be possible to pull data from a Sportsmanagement-Site? I think with Wordpress and the Add-On Sportspress there would be a great opportunity to enter the data and then pull what's needed. I'd then try to make a small website where you have some Dropdown-Fields which get the data from Sportspress.

For example you choose the team and the get the player-names which you can choose for goal scoarer, assist, etc. - the data from the field would then be pulled by vmix via JSON. I'm completely new to JSON and therefore don't have any experience with it. However I'm willing to learn something new - of course it makes no sense if it is technically not possible... ;-)
NewsworthyVision  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 4:11:25 PM(UTC)
NewsworthyVision

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi Waldron,

I was working on something very similar to this, but solely based on an Ice Hockey scoreboard. I'm a novice at Javascript, but I've managed to make the timer and penalties dynamic and update as you go, but I'd never thought of having the page output JSON. I was exploring using PubNub to dynamically send the information to the cloud, then to another page that displays the information for vMix input. (Clock info over a blank HTML page, etc.)

Here was my effort: http://www.newsworthyvis...browserClockControl.html

So now I'm curious, how do you get the values like the current clock status, penalties etc., to be sent as JSON from that page?

If it can be done, it will get rid of a major source of latency, or even a need for me to make this an online system.

Many thanks. :)

EDIT: A lot of the functions on that page don't work, such as the file upload, penalty clocks or virtually anything to do with the penalties. I spent ages getting the clock to be responsive and dynamic... Glad I have IT friends.

Also, your effort looks great. Keep it up, would love to trade information.
Siroki  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 5:23:42 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
waldron18 wrote:

I'd appreciate feedback!

This looks great
If you could make for soccer that there is an option for player list text boxes or upload a .txt, csv etc that would be great
And option near any player name option for scorer, yellow or red card option
And two dropdown lists (from same player list) on both team sides for substitution

And extra option would be some corner + - counter for (shots, shots on target, fouls, red cards, yellow cards, corners etc)

thx
fenki86  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 3:42:31 PM(UTC)
fenki86

Is there any update on the soccer version as of right now? Would really love to test it. Looks like one hell of a Product to buy... ;-)
waldron18  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 6:34:22 PM(UTC)
waldron18

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd give you an update. We've built Netball, Basketball and Aussie Rules footy versions of this. I'm going to try and get a soccer (football) one built in the next week or so.

Question... would people prefer to have it run locally on your vmix machine, or have a web based version that can be controlled from anywhere? I've been using the hosted version and setting the vMix data source to update every 100 milliseconds.

Cheers
fenki86  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2017 12:29:04 PM(UTC)
fenki86

for me personally I'd prefer a Web-based version...
livepad  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 4:13:56 AM(UTC)
livepad

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 32 post(s)
fenki86 wrote:
for me personally I'd prefer a Web-based version...

Take a look at Sienna GraphicArtist NDI

Its an HTML5 based video rendering engine which output NDI fill and key from HTML (also outputs SDI fill and key).

Its basically the other end of the interfaces discussed here, where your HTML based scoreboard user interface can drive a CG based delivery via NDI.

It has already been used in a number of different sports, and is ideal for complex scoring systems which are difficult to implement in traditional CGs. A good example is LiveRC and a shout out to Brandon Rohde - he created a web socket based system which integrates telemetry from RC cars on the track, all the way through to an NDI based delivery of real time data using Sienna GraphicArtist

This sort of thing is becoming fairly straightforward these days and really ramps up the possibilities for complex real time data presentation in CGs.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Siroki  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 9:23:58 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
waldron18 wrote:
Hi everyone

Just thought I'd give you an update. We've built Netball, Basketball and Aussie Rules footy versions of this. I'm going to try and get a soccer (football) one built in the next week or so.

Question... would people prefer to have it run locally on your vmix machine, or have a web based version that can be controlled from anywhere? I've been using the hosted version and setting the vMix data source to update every 100 milliseconds.

Cheers

Hi,
did you manage to do this?
Whats the status of this app now?

Thank you
Best regards