logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
puruzio  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 1:31:12 AM(UTC)
puruzio

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to display some text contents on a projected screen via Epson Laser Projector with up to 1920 x 1200 resolution.
I was hoping that the fonts will be displayed very sharp as if they are from Powerpoint slides, but instead they look somewhat pixelly and definitely poor looking than texts in Powerpoint slides would.
I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I'm using the SD version of vMix 1.9. Could it be the reason?

If I were to use the HD version, will that solve the issue? If so, within the software, where would change the settings to make Title texts look sharp?
I saw the output resolution setting under the Setting (gear) menu, but it seemed to change the resolution of Vmix software's UI resolution on the computer screen, rather than the projected fullscreen output.

Thanks,

mashynewie2  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 1:42:59 AM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Yes you should 100% upgrade. If you are on the SD version it will only output at SD resolution (blurry text).

As soon as you get the HD version it will look EXACTLY the same as the powerpoint output (same resolution).

You can test this out by installing a trial version of vMix on another PC so you can check before you purchase.
puruzio  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 2:32:08 AM(UTC)
puruzio

Thank you!