logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brendan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:00:11 PM(UTC)
Brendan

Groups: Registered

I am a total novice here,

Is it at all possible to make a shortcut or even an onscreen button to send a selected input with one press or click straight to an external TV screen (full screen) and at the same time to the active screen (recording)? Obviously then being able to undo that step would be just as important a step as well.

Explanation:
I record an event involving a talks and discussions from a platform. This often involves pictures being displayed on a TV screen in the hall for the audience to see.
On the TV screen in the hall the pictures need to be displayed full screen.
On the recording the TV screen itself is not seen, but only the speaker. In the recording the pictures will be in picture.
Thus far I accomplish this by selecting the picture in vMix making it appear in preview. I make sure the full screen button is adjusted to display preview.
I click on full screen, sending the previewed picture to the external TV screen in the hall.
Next I click on one of the 4 buttons on the picture input control panel that has been set up for picture in picture, sending the same picture to the active recording screen.

Is it possible to write a script or create a shortcut that would accomplish that, and the reverse to remove said picture from all screens?

Thank you for any solutions you might be able to offer.

IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 9:01:20 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Brendan

Welcome to the forum!
By the sound of it, you've figured things out pretty well. You will also find that with vMix there are often several ways to do similar things.
If the method you have found works for you and your workflow, then by all means use it but don't be afraid to experiment and test with alternative options as well since it may open the door to NEW ideas...
If I have understood your workflow correctly, this can easily be done with the Overlay "Shortcuts". For example, if you choose to use Overlay #1 you would use either "OverlayInput1" or "OverlayInput1In" and "OverlayInput1Off" or "OverlayInput1Out" depending on your desired transition effect.
Scripting is also a possibility with vMix 4k and Pro and you would need to have knowledge of how to do that.

Hope that helps.

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
Brendan on 8/16/2017(UTC)