logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JulianW  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2017 7:38:29 AM(UTC)
JulianW

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi everybody,

I am completely new to broadcasting, since two days I am testing software, and now I have some questions before I buy.
Mostly I compare vMix with Livestream Studio and I see downs and ups on both sides.

vMix seems to be much more user-friendly, but one of the most important points for me is the use of the iPhone-Camera as a remote camera. This is done so nicely in Livestream Studi, but I can´t find any way to connect my iphone in a good quality with vMix. Is there anything planned on your side? It would be perfect if you could create a plugin so Filmic Pro could be streamed as a remote camera. Filmic Pro is about the beste Video-Software on mobile phones and this solution would be perfect!

My next issue is vMix social and the Facebook-Connection. Honestly, it looks very weired to me. Is it possible that you accidentially switched the terms "off" and "on" in the panel? Just have a look on the attachement.
In case of Facebook: Is it right that the comments of only one facebook-posting are shown? What is happening with nested comments?
Can the comments of the recent live-stream be shown?

And the third issue:
vMix Call works nicely, good to integrate, usefull, more intuitive then some other parts of your software. ;)
However ... is there a chance to make it usable for Smartphones in near future? In the moment it doesn´t work for iPhone. But as it´s about live-streaming and masses of people use their smartphones I would think that an option to use a smartphone for Calls makes a lot of sense.

The best way should be if you simply create your own app.
The app could create two great features at once:

1. If the Smartphone is in the same network as vMix it can be used as a remote camera.
2. If the Smartphone is not in the same network the app can server as a vMix Call in.

Wouldn´t it be great?
;)

All the best, Julian!

JulianW attached the following image(s):
vmix.png (64kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 1 user thanked JulianW for this useful post.
IceStream on 8/7/2017(UTC)
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2017 9:21:05 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ JulianW

I cannot comment on Livestream Studio as it has been a long time since I looked at it, but I can say that I am not a fan of the "exclusive and proprietary" nature of their products and services. To the best of my knowledge, vMix is not easily integrated into their platform, at least that's how it was in the past, things may have changed IDK.

The iPhone as a camera in vMix is possible using third party software, however, by most accounts the results are less than ideal. The most notable product is the Sienna NDI app for iOS devices but there are other "Web Cam" apps that can be screen captured through a browser. Again, it works but lag and low resolution are the main issues.

I'm no expert with vMixSocial and agree that it is a little awkward to navigate.
AFAIK, the ON and OFF are buttons (or switches) for such, not the state, the colour is the state. That is GREEN is Active when ON and RED is when OFF. To change the state from RED to GREEN, you need to click the ON button (which is RED because you are currently OFF).
Hope that makes sense.

vMixCall uses WebRTC technology which is not supported by iOS (at least not yet), so it is an Apple issue and not something that the vMix developers can change or add support for (which sucks for all us iPhone users, but "if you don't have an Android, you don't have an Android", lol).

Ice