logo

Live Production Software Forums


Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DynamoBen  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 6:04:36 PM(UTC)
DynamoBen

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/1/2016(UTC)
Posts: 21
Location: WI

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 3 post(s)
shibbycribby wrote:
Is the bridge software tested as working with the latest version of vmix? 20.0.0.27?


Yes. I've not observed any issues with it.

Quote:
...I installed as a trial (fully functional) on this machine would effect anything?


Trial doesn't matter.

What I suspect is going on is the web controller is either disabled or set to a non-default port. Go to Settings | Web Controller it should be enabled and set to port 8088.

BTW If you have a custom port number you can keep it you would just need to use the command line option for the bridge software.
shibbycribby  
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:19:19 AM(UTC)
shibbycribby

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/24/2017(UTC)
Posts: 7
Location: -

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is part of the instruction readme that stumped me a little bit. The command line commands mentioned, where abouts can you enter these commands? If the python script prompt/exe is run then the command line is locked and doesn't allow text input. The web interface is accessible although its been assigned a dhcp address 192.168.0.17 rather than the 192.168.1.2 listed in the instructions. Luckily none of this should be a problem at work as our network there seems to be fine but would be nice to nail down the cause of this just in case our infrastructure changes.
DynamoBen  
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 1:42:50 PM(UTC)
DynamoBen

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/1/2016(UTC)
Posts: 21
Location: WI

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 3 post(s)
shibbycribby wrote:
This is part of the instruction readme that stumped me a little bit. The command line commands mentioned, where abouts can you enter these commands? If the python script prompt/exe is run then the command line is locked and doesn't allow text input.


Instead of running vmixTallyBridge.exe or .py by double-clicking, open a command prompt and enter vmixTallyBridge.exe -p 8080 then hit enter. This applies the command-line options. If you need to set them every time I would create either a simple batch file or desktop shortcut.

Quote:
The web interface is accessible although its been assigned a dhcp address 192.168.0.17 rather than the 192.168.1.2 listed in the instructions. Luckily none of this should be a problem at work as our network there seems to be fine but would be nice to nail down the cause of this just in case our infrastructure changes.


IP shouldn't matter, I am accessing vMix via the computers localhost IP 127.0.0.1. As a troubleshooting step you could specify the assigned IP with the -a command-line option.
Henny  
#24 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 5:03:05 PM(UTC)
Henny

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/14/2013(UTC)
Posts: 98
Man
Location: uk

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
one slight addition to the project I thought of this morning was it wouldn't take much to use the same codebase to do an "ON AIR" light, possibly just add to the Python so any units set to an id of 00 would show the status of recording and streaming from the same XML that you are reading the tally data from .

Planning to try and use my prototype in anger on a real job on Saturday so will report back after that

cheers

Ian
DynamoBen  
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:45:44 PM(UTC)
DynamoBen

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/1/2016(UTC)
Posts: 21
Location: WI

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Henny wrote:
one slight addition to the project I thought of this morning was it wouldn't take much to use the same codebase to do an "ON AIR" light, possibly just add to the Python so any units set to an id of 00 would show the status of recording and streaming from the same XML that you are reading the tally data from .


Yes I had that thought too, the problem with ID 00 is it is already in use behind the scenes. The approach I was going to take was sending the data on a different multicast address. From a code perspective this is a pretty straight forward change. For hardware I'd slightly modify the tally schematic (maybe introduce relays for high voltage lights) and drop the addressing since it's not needed.

Having a small streaming/recording light would help me because during multi-session events I have had ppl who forget to hit the record button when the session starts. Having a set of LEDs sitting on top of the monitor could be a great visual reminder, right now I have a piece of tape the says "Start Recording" which isn't the best approach. :)

Quote:
Planning to try and use my prototype in anger on a real job on Saturday so will report back after that


Great, looking forward to the report. :)
thanks 1 user thanked DynamoBen for this useful post.
JLMEMT on 5/25/2020(UTC)
Peterv999  
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:14:53 AM(UTC)
Peterv999

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/5/2018(UTC)
Posts: 1
Location: Netherlands

Thanks: 1 times
Hi DynamoBen,

Firstly a big Thanks for your excellent project!

I’m presently proto-building your project and left with one question: Do I need to load the eeprom with the files loaded from your data directory as per instructions? I’ve noticed that your code does interact (write) with the memory with initial values already? I guess I’m overlooking something here?

Kind regards,
Piet
DynamoBen  
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:18:43 PM(UTC)
DynamoBen

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/1/2016(UTC)
Posts: 21
Location: WI

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Peterv999 wrote:
Firstly a big Thanks for your excellent project!


You are very welcome! Looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

Quote:
Do I need to load the eeprom with the files loaded from your data directory as per instructions? I’ve noticed that your code does interact (write) with the memory with initial values already? I guess I’m overlooking something here?


You do, that puts all the jquery files onto the device so you don't need an internet connection to retrieve them. If you don't do this the configuration pages will still load but won't look right. The initial values are independent from this.
DynamoBen  
#28 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2020 1:01:19 PM(UTC)
DynamoBen

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/1/2016(UTC)
Posts: 21
Location: WI

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks to the pandemic I've been using vMix a fair bit along with these tally lights. I've been considering updating the project so that you could connect these lights directly to vMix. While not nearly as configurable or flexible they would work like any other tally light connected to vMix and eliminates an additional piece of software. (the current method would still work, this would be an additional feature)

Thoughts? Interest?
thanks 1 user thanked DynamoBen for this useful post.
JLMEMT on 5/25/2020(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com  
#29 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 8:02:59 PM(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 62
Man
Australia
Location: Could be Australia could be Sweden!

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Built 5 of these for a show. Super easy, great UI very well thought out project.

Thanks a million!
JLMEMT  
#30 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 4:46:28 PM(UTC)
JLMEMT

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/25/2020(UTC)
Posts: 3
United States
Location: Ohio

Thanks: 3 times
If I can get VMix fixed I would be interested in the new approach, but at this point it looks like I will be moving on because it no longer works for me.
aircooled76@gmail.com  
#31 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 11:58:01 AM(UTC)
aircooled76@gmail.com

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/15/2013(UTC)
Posts: 62
Man
Australia
Location: Could be Australia could be Sweden!

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JLMEMT Go to Quoted Post
If I can get VMix fixed I would be interested in the new approach, but at this point it looks like I will be moving on because it no longer works for me.


What problems are you having vMix is amazing!
Users browsing this topic
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.