logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dodgepong  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2013 3:00:56 AM(UTC)
dodgepong

Groups: Registered

I'm looking for a way I can add a source (a webcam) to a multiview overlay, but mirror it from the way it looks normally. Of course, I can make the actual source mirrored, but I want to have that source available un-mirrored. Perhaps this could be accomplished by adding a Mirror checkbox to the Position form on the multiview, or changing the texture when you do a X or Y rotation such that when it is "backwards" you see the reversed texture instead of nothing.
dodgepong  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 3:05:48 PM(UTC)
dodgepong

Sorry to bump, but does anyone know of a way to do this in vMix as-is? Or is it something that will be added to vMix 10?

If it's already possible, I'd like to be able to do so for an event I'm broadcasting in a few days.

Thanks!
Egriswold  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:19:52 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Create a color module then add the web-cam source in a full screen overlay then go into position button and rotate on y axis. Now you have to identical sources but one is mirrored.
dodgepong  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:13:07 PM(UTC)
dodgepong

I've tried that, but when it rotates all the way around to where I would be looking at the "back" side, the image is black for me. It's like it's rendering the texture for only one side, unless this was changed recently. That's why I was asking for

Quote:
or changing the texture when you do a X or Y rotation such that when it is "backwards" you see the reversed texture instead of nothing.

Were you just suggesting this off the top of your head, or have you been able to successfully mirror capture/directshow sources (like webcams) by doing what you described? Because it doesn't seem to work like that for me.
Egriswold  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 1:38:20 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
That was off the top of my head. I'll try it on one of my systems and see if it works for me.

Another of the top of my head, you could open the webcam in it's own utility viewer then using the desktop capture localy bring it in twice and mirror one of them. this would require a large enough monitor or a second monitor so you can select just the viewer and crop out edges then fit to window.
ask  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 2:53:00 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
One other thing that comes to mind, some graphics cards allow you to mirror (invert/reverse) the image. You might want to check out the card controls on your PC to see if that is possible, then use Ed's technique above.

Or try this tool: http://www.minaware.com/junkyard/pvcmirror.zip Use at your own discretion!
dodgepong  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:01:41 AM(UTC)
dodgepong

Yikes, both of those sound like big hacks :(

As for ask's suggestion, I'm not sure I understand...would that let me maintain both a mirrored and an unmirrored version of camera? Or would that mirror the source? Because vMix can mirror the source just fine, but only mirroring it in some places (like on overlays and multiviews) is proving to be more difficult.
dodgepong  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:36:24 AM(UTC)
dodgepong

I found a solution. In the settings of the original source, you can create a virtual input from it. You can then make the virtual input mirrored and treat each input as separate.
IceStream  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:20:01 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Wow, you learn something new every day!
I'm surprised admin did not chime in on this earlier...

Ice