logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike_in_tX  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2017 3:39:34 PM(UTC)
Mike_in_tX

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Capturing 3 cameras and presenter microphone in vMIX. Outoutting t in-room screen for audience and speakers in room. Also recording in vMIX

- Windows 10
- Latest vMix release
- Behringer UMC404HD audio intoface with three mic inputs, connected to PC via USB,
- using ASIO drivers
- Speakers connected to UMC404HD main outputs via XLR, UMC404 mix dial set to middle
- VmIX master out is the UMC ASIO
- PC default playback device is Speakers (Behringer UMC404HD)
- Audio out from PC through VMIX for local video playbacks works fine, audio is heard through speakers

Problem: When vMIX is running, I get no audio out of the speakers (through UMC404HD)from other windows applications such as Internet browsers and windows media player. If I shut down vMIX, the audio is fine from these windows apps. Also, web pages opened as web interfaces in vMIX will run in vMIX program but have no audio to out to the speakers.

vMIX seems to hijack the UMC404 audio playback system.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Note: I tried connecting speakers to PC sound outputs, but the microphones had slight (but annoying) delay to the in-room speakers. That is is why I connected the speakers to the UMC404HD, no delay in mic to room speakers.

admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2017 6:12:56 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Hi,

This is a limitation of ASIO drivers, where it is exclusive to the application currently using it.
The only way around this would be to forego using any of the ASIO inputs or outputs from the UMC404HD and instead
using the Microphone and Speakers devices that windows provides, though this would limit you to 2 inputs and 2 outputs.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Mike_in_tX  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2017 7:12:24 PM(UTC)
Mike_in_tX

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I may have figured out a way to get what I am looking for to work...at least on the UMC202HD - need to go back to my other setup and test on the UMC404HD)

PC Windows 10:
Default recording device = Line (Behringer UMC) - set at 48000hz 16bit 2 channel
Default playback device = Speaker (Behringer UMC....) [set windows enhancements to disable - I did enhancements in vMIX with eq - compression, and gate]

vMIX:
Master out = UMC ASIO Driver
Bus A Out = the PC's sound card speaker, which I disabled in the Windows Playback devices window. This prevents the mics from looping back to the UMC.
Put audio inputs from the UMC interface to Bus A (Not Master)
Put all other inputs such as web browsers and videos) to Master Bus
Set record audio to MA

UMC202HD: Push the button for Direct Monitor in (on) - this lets you hear the mics directly out of the speakers connected to the UMC

I was able to hear the mics in the room without the duplicate signal echo and delay from the PC
I was able to hear audio in videos and web site inputs in vMIX
vMIX recording picked up all mics and video/web site audio
While vMIX still up, I was able to bring up a web browser and play YouTube video and hear audio through the speakers connected to the UMC.

Summary, people in the room can hear the speaker's microphone without notable latency or echo, vMIX picks up audio from web sources, vMIX recording captures all audio sources and no sync issues), and regular Windows audio still wokrs with vMIX running (don't normally use the two simultaneously, but has come up once or twice).

thanks 1 user thanked Mike_in_tX for this useful post.
David_in_Philly on 12/13/2017(UTC)