logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GoGo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 10:29:34 PM(UTC)
GoGo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am so disappointed that I am not able to stream Facebook and Periscope simultaneously, I tried to stream using the manual method as suggested by one of the Vmix admin, but it doesn't work.

And just so you. I already have Joister and unfortunately they will only allow me to stream to one facebook page at a time, so I am not able to stream to multiple facebook pages.

I tried just to stream to two facebook pages and using the custom RTMP from Joister with other pages, but once again Facebook will not even let me do that either.

This is so restricting and an inconvenience all because of facebook. This is causing such a restricting.

What other options is there, that I don't have to pay any additional subscriptions?
kjones9999  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 3:12:48 PM(UTC)
kjones9999

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I just did a stream of youtube and facebook, so its allowed using a custom RTMP. How do you know the custom RTMP is not working?
GoGo  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2017 9:39:31 AM(UTC)
GoGo

kjones9999 wrote:
I just did a stream of youtube and facebook, so its allowed using a custom RTMP. How do you know the custom RTMP is not working?

Thank you for your reply. I do know that the Facebook custom rtmp is not working, because I tried it. That's what I meant when I wrote in the first part of my concern. I wrote "manual" instead which is the term that is originally used in the "Knowledge Based" in the support link :)
kjones9999  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2017 11:54:23 AM(UTC)
kjones9999

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I think I understand -- but I can stream to facebook and youtube at the same time, so i am thinking you might have an issue with your configuration. What does the error say?
Mari  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2017 12:47:15 PM(UTC)
Mari

Netherlands

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Many vMIX users managed to stream to Facebook, so it does work. It doesn't work if your settings are not correct. Would like to know what error you get. Before trying to start multiple streams, begin with only a facebook stream!
Ghost_MH  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 9:33:37 AM(UTC)
Ghost_MH

Mari wrote:
Many vMIX users managed to stream to Facebook, so it does work. It doesn't work if your settings are not correct. Would like to know what error you get. Before trying to start multiple streams, begin with only a facebook stream!

I used to be able to stream to YouTube and s Facebook Page simultaneously just fine. With the exact same settings I've always used, I no longer can. I get an error stating that I can't stream to multiple sources with Facebook enabled. I can stream to Facebook or I can stream to YouTube. At the same time, however, is a big nope. First time I've ever had this problem. not sure if there's any difference between streaming to a Page or straight to a profile, though I guess I can test that as soon as I no longer have a live session I need to be running.

I actually registered for these forums today, because I was curious to know if anyone else was getting the same error.
ngtech  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 11:22:58 AM(UTC)
ngtech

Go Back to Version 19.0.0.50 is what I did to fix the same problem, I No sure yet what is the purpose to have Facebook API to disable all other providers, can someone explain please
kane  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 9:02:31 PM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
ngtech wrote:
Go Back to Version 19.0.0.50 is what I did to fix the same problem, I No sure yet what is the purpose to have Facebook API to disable all other providers, can someone explain please

Facebook wants content that you can't watch anywhere else. By not letting you stream to other providers, then you have to come to Facebook to watch (and to see the ads).

Kane Peterson
NewTek
niemi  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 20, 2017 10:21:42 AM(UTC)
niemi

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
GoGo states that not even setting up both streams as "Custom RTMP Server" will let him stream to two destinations.

Can someone confirm that this is the case in 19.0.0.53? Or is it only GoGo that experiences this?
Ghost_MH  
#10 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 9:27:37 AM(UTC)
Ghost_MH

niemi wrote:
GoGo states that not even setting up both streams as "Custom RTMP Server" will let him stream to two destinations.

Can someone confirm that this is the case in 19.0.0.53? Or is it only GoGo that experiences this?

I should have checked vMIx's release notes...

"* vMix now properly enforces the Facebook policy requirement of not streaming to other providers when using the API."

Well, I guess I'm not streaming live to Facebook anymore. I guess I'll just use IFTTT to push out a Facebook post that I'm streaming live on YouTube.
niemi  
#11 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 9:46:27 AM(UTC)
niemi

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Ghost_MH wrote:
niemi wrote:

I should have checked vMIx's release notes...

"* vMix now properly enforces the Facebook policy requirement of not streaming to other providers when using the API."

Well, I guess I'm not streaming live to Facebook anymore. I guess I'll just use IFTTT to push out a Facebook post that I'm streaming live on YouTube.

It was a matter of time before this was enforced in vMix. Actually I thought that this was the case a while ago like in Wirecast.

What you need to do is to set up each stream manually using custom RTMP server in the drop-down.

This still works regardless of GoGo's experience above.