logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cruiseweekTV  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:38:37 AM(UTC)
cruiseweekTV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So in August, I will be on the cruise ship Oasis of the seas. we have our live show on Saturdays so on that day I will be remotely controlling vmix via an apc mini from the ship and also coming in as a remote guest. here is how I plan on doing this:

Have our usual vmix in the land based studio and have my streaming laptop on the ship with a camera and apc mini. I will come into vmix as a remote guest so I can see the screen output. I will use a usb over ip connection for both the apc mini and a set of headphones ( I will use the mic with the usb over ip ) the mic will come into the land based vmix as an audio input so I can talk to the hose in his ear like we normally do on land. I will control the show via my apc mini , watching it on the remote vmixcall.

I have tried this on land from another location and it works on land but we will see how well it works on the ship ( BTW the ship has excellent internet connection )

anyone think of any issues apart from latency ?

and would it be better to have it vmix to vmix rather then vmix - remote call webpage?