logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
imintmedia  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2017 3:59:42 PM(UTC)
imintmedia

Groups: Registered

I have been using vMix to capture our events but found the mp4 encoder to be a bit low quality. This past weekend I tried recording with FFMPEG Prores in a MOV wrapper. I now have a 82gb file I can not read? I tried importing the video into vMix and it constantly crashed the system. I have tried reading the file with VLC on both my mac and pc with no success. I am getting a little nervous that the file may be unrecoverable. I also hope that this is entirely user error due to the fact that I am not as familiar with FFMPEG. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
imintmedia  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2017 4:55:33 PM(UTC)
imintmedia

I fixed it! To any newbies with FFMpeg this video helped me tremendously!

Lastly if I record using the FFMpeg option shouldn't I be able to open the recorded files in VLC? Or will I always have to play via a command prompt?
admin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2017 8:26:34 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4149 time(s) in 1492 post(s)
Hi,

By default in order to ensure reliability, MOV files are recorded in a "fault tolerant" mode which means
if the system fails, the recording can still be recovered.

For editing, you will need to run these recordings through the vMix Video Tools (available in the start menu) when done so they are indexed correctly.

If instead you would like the recordings indexed while recording, select the MOV (Indexed) option in the FFMPEG settings.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
mlange221  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 5:42:22 AM(UTC)
mlange221

United States

It is possible to get the command line options for ffmpeg that vMix video tools uses to reindex the files?
I'd like to create a script to batch process the files automatically on another system.

Thanks.
Ace  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 2:17:50 PM(UTC)
Ace

United States

Originally Posted by: mlange221 Go to Quoted Post
It is possible to get the command line options for ffmpeg that vMix video tools uses to reindex the files?
I'd like to create a script to batch process the files automatically on another system.

Thanks.

What a coincidence.
I had actually started working on that myself, but it wasn't the conversions weren't coming out quite right.
I just decided to come on here to request it as a feature. Will be making a separate post for it.