logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
krzychuz  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2017 7:24:37 AM(UTC)
krzychuz

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm using vMix to mix various resolution, various framerate, interlaced, progressive etc. live sources. I'm not really happy with how vMix handles it (especially deinterlacing) so I decided to replace my DeckLink capture cards with AJA KONA LHi cards as they have builtin hardware scaling and all that sort of cross conversions, and these cards are officially supported by vMix.
In order for the cross conversion to work, you just have to set the Frame Buffer to other resolution/framerate than the source is in. While not running vMix I can set it in the control panel just like here: https://i1.creativecow.n...u/42171/crossconvert.png (notice the down conversion happening between the Source and the Frame Buffer). But as soon as vMix launches, it takes over control of the capture card and I can no longer set it in the Panel. Setting the desired resolution and framerate in vMix's input settings does not have any effect. vMix seems to auto-negotiate these parameters with the card and stick to source's parameters, not allowing me to alter them in order to enable the cross conversion.
Is there any way to enable this very powerful feature of this card?

Thanks for any help
Chris