logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mitko  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 4:42:37 PM(UTC)
Mitko

Groups: Registered

First post in this forum, non-English speaking, so no insults please :)

I want to applaud the idea of this interesting, rapidly progressing program, especially new features I tried On vMix 19.0.0.50
Long time I looking for the ability to receive multiple H.264 channels from DVB-S2 etc. without destroying quality from source,
torturing digital signal through extremely expensive and overrated Capture Cards, or for their physical limitations of inputs!
My prayers are answered and come into the World a new vMix version, however, I have a few observations which hope will be heard.
One from them is inability to select from multiple audio streams as it is very often the case with digital media in present days.
To be clearer, VLC modified plugin from vMix has been installed and working All well but I can not select the audio as required.
Since VLC player is not actively started, I'm not able to select audio from Audio Track menu, just using IP Stream from ALPS Tuner.
I know I have options that signal to let through VLC but this signal is decoded and then encoded, thus makes piece of shit quality,
also tried but get a similar effect through NDI which practically destroys the quality using their codec rather to forward intact!

Here's the point, on DreamBox 800HD (Enigma2) Webcontrol menu we have ability to generate(.m3u)file and through it to watch SatTV
Because my brother has such a receiver ... we often allow access to DB800 when we want to watch different channels at the same time.
Certainly we can stream one another without buying vMix but this program will be used also for other things like video security,
central video entertainer because you can easily stream content and many things that we want to work in future with this program,
however first I want to reveal all its advantages and disadvantages... nevertheless the greatest pleasure is to work on this program.
Compatibility with VLC is very good and that part works flawlessly, the information I can get from .m3u file is like following

http://192.168.1.69:8001/1:0:19:750C:420:1:C00000:0:0:0:

Except IP address and port, I do not know meaning on VLC generated .m3u code, tried simply by changing digits but without success.
Exactly that line is copied to the Input Select / Stream / Stream Type VLC (RTMP, UDP, RTP, RTSP, TS) / OK. that's all you need to do
Is there a cure for my "disease" or do I need to look for a healer?
Mitko attached the following image(s):
Input Select.png (83kb) downloaded 10 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 5:18:06 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Mitko

I think you understand that watching SatTV with vMix is quite not what we can call "live production".

If your idea is to re-stream copyrighted content, I guess you don't need vMix to do that either, just learn how to use VLC.

Guillaume
Mitko  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 5:53:14 PM(UTC)
Mitko

Guillaume,

Previously explained, will not be used this program for one thing but several at the same time because there is a possibility
for multiple independent inputs and outputs from one place, or combining videos, cameras, images, text, time, etc. etc.
Do you think I need to pay "extra" to see my security cameras and stream from my digital receiver on 2-3 monitors? probably...

If I want to stream anything, You think we need vMix for that matter? Do not be ridiculous, my priority is local network!
The advantage is that I can combine different multimedia sources to multiple outputs, VLC is only one link in whole story,
for viewing that material I already paying and do not share with the World as a fool, whether I am now clearer about it?

There is devices that we can insert multiple inputs and to let it out on multiple monitors in our houses, probably via IP,
whether it will be vMix or a some hardware processor for the same money, does not matter ...