logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pba  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 9:07:50 AM(UTC)
pba

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hello to Everyone,

I have a really strange problem.
Some days ago I did windows update on our win8.1PRO encoders. This systems are different, different motherboards, CPU-s, GPU-s, etc. Only the OS and the VMIX is the same.

So, today I streamed to Facebook Live, and I didn't have any audio. If I try to stream with the same setting to Ustream, Youtube, everythings are fine, audio is ok from the viewer side. If i swtich back to Facebook Live, no audio, just a perfect video. I'm clueless.

I tried to stream from my laptop with vmix, and the audio is okay. Really strange.

I tried to downgrade my drivers, reinstall VMIX, etc. Nothing. I think there is a problem with one of the win8.1 update package. But now I cannot roll back. The next step is to reinstall the whole system.

Do you have any idea for this audio problem?
pba  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 12:13:12 PM(UTC)
pba

Oh, man, I can't believe this. Now I have a fresh install, but the problem is the same. No audio with Facebook Live, and everything ok with the other platforms.

My config is: ASUS X99 WS/SE, Geforce GTX1060, BMD Duo2. I don't understand this...
pba  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 5:48:09 PM(UTC)
pba

Okay, I did a fresh install again. I used my original win8.1 install disc, and the old drivers for my motherboard. I didn't updated anything. The problem is the same: if I stream to Facebook, there is no audio, just silence. But all other platforms works well.

So, I think this is probably win8.1 and/or Blackmagic Driver problem, I don't know...

If someone can test this situation, please do it, and write here a report. :)

The important thing, do the test with win8.1 and the latest Blackmagic Driver.

Guys, thanks for the help, please let me know if you have any idea...

Peter
michaelholt  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2017 6:01:54 PM(UTC)
michaelholt

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Facebook is very picky about the audio codec and bitrates. Make sure you are sending audio to Facebook correctly. It must be AAC encoded and then:

Audio Sample Rate: 48 KHz
Audio Bitrate: 128 Kbps mono

I have seen this issue multiple times from other clients as other CDNs are more forgiving on the audio requirements.
pba  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 4, 2017 12:03:45 AM(UTC)
pba

Hi, thank you for your replay!

My audio settings are fine, I double checked this.

I tried to stream via restream.IO WITHOUT transcoding, I'm just used the stream split function. The result is interesting, I have audio via restream IO. If I streamed directly to FB ingest, no audio. I will test at the weekend again, but I have an idea: this is probably a Blackmagic Design driver related problem (on WIN8.1 with the latest version).

I have another X99 based configuration without Blackmagic cards, and the audio works well with Facebook. I will install a Decklink card, and I will see what happend. If the audio will muted after BMD installation, then I can say this is a BMD related bug.