logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pesi  
#21 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 8:42:42 PM(UTC)
pesi

Groups: Registered
Man
Canada

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Your workflow sounds real heavy-duty!

In my case I record-livestream conferences (local and international) - and yes, I have forgotten to hit the vMix record button in a couple of instances where I had some explaining to do! Luckily it was my regular client who loves me and is willing to forget the rare lapse if I grovel hard enough! No $3m jobs in my case but irritated clients are no fun to deal with!! I'm a one-man show operating 3 cameras, panning-zooming, video mixing, PowerPoint capture, etc. Thankfully the audio is often done by someone else and all I do is capture it via XLR into my cam direct.

I generally have the second laptop running anyway (to self-monitor my webcast) so having it also record won't be an issue. But its comforting to hear of your storage solution using 2 cards totaling 512GB

I am going to try the laptop solution first (cheaper :-) and then graduate to the Atomos if I feel the need.

Thanks for all the great info you have given me and for a very useful discussion.
Pesi
nikosman88  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2023 10:04:15 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Groups: Registered
Greece

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pesi Go to Quoted Post
Recently I recorded an event with a Panasonic cam into vMix as a 1920X1080 H264 file and it recorded just fine. Plays back just fine, etc.
However when I pulled it into Adobe Premiere, the audio-video went totally out of sync!

I read that it was due to the source file being VBR (variable bit rate) which Premiere does not handle well (read crappily!).
The fix was opening that file in Handbrake, re-encoding it as a CBR (constant bit rate) file and then bringing it into Premiere.

Question: How does one get vMix to record as CBR and not VBR?
I see this option in the Stream settings but not in the Record settings (?)

6 years later pp 2023 version and it this kind of s...t still exists!! I found it thanks to this post. I dont blame vmix for this but the crap of adobe. Fortunally handbrake still does the job but adds extra time to your render time.