logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mzproduction  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 4:53:58 PM(UTC)
mzproduction

Groups: Registered

Good morning , i'm using latest vmix with our hosted conference system adobeconnect.
for technical reason one pc have vmix with two camera connected and on the other pc there is a behringer xenix1024usb mixer connected as audio input.
i have notice that there is 1-2 sec of delay from video to audio , video comes later.
how can i delay the audio ? is there a free or cheap software able to do that?
in the mean time i'm trying to use a second copy of vmix by adding audio input from mixer , setup a delay and then activate the external but it doesn't create a virtual audio output to use with adobeconnect audio like in the video part (vmix video)
am i missing something?
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:54:22 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ mzproduction

Welcome to the forum.
You may need to describe your set-up in a little more detail...
How are you bringing in the audio to the vMix machine to marry it to the video?
You should be able to set a delay in vMix's Audio Mixer for that audio Input (cog wheel of the Input in the Audio Mixer -> Delay slider)
It may take some trial and error to get it right but you are dealing with milliseconds so you should be able to get it pretty close to exact.

Ice
mzproduction  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:31:06 AM(UTC)
mzproduction

IceStream wrote:
@ mzproduction

Welcome to the forum.
You may need to describe your set-up in a little more detail...
How are you bringing in the audio to the vMix machine to marry it to the video?
You should be able to set a delay in vMix's Audio Mixer for that audio Input (cog wheel of the Input in the Audio Mixer -> Delay slider)
It may take some trial and error to get it right but you are dealing with milliseconds so you should be able to get it pretty close to exact.

Ice

as written , video input from 2 camera are connected to one pc with vmix making the video mix but with no audio.
audio is comeing from two wireless mics connected to a behringer mixer , this mixer has an usb connection to a second pc and it seen as external sound card from the second pc.
both pc are then connected via browser to our Adobeconnect system conference.
this system is web based and you can have audio input pod , video input pod , screen sharing pod etc.
from pc with connected camera in adobeconnect i select the vmix video source for the video pod and from the other pc i select behringer line to get the audio feed for the audio.
When i replay the recording i see a 1-2 seconds of delay in video so i'm searching a wa to sync it.
i know that vmix can delay audio but managing a video mixer software just for delaying audio for me is exagerated...and the problem with vmix is that it's not create an virtual audio input for adobeconnect system
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 4:28:39 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi mzproduction

first I wanna say that if you connect both your cameras and your usb soundcard to the vMix host, you will have a perfect sync between audio and video, maybe a few ms but never up to 1 or 2 seconds.

This is to say that your issue is not really vMix related but rather caused by the specific workflow you designed.

I don't know Adobe Connect but I don't understand why you cannot have both image and sound coming from a single computer. I'm guessing this conferencing system, like many others, uses local devices (webcams, mics, etc...) through a webpage.

You say "the problem with vmix is that it's not create an virtual audio input for adobeconnect system"
What do you mean?
vMix actually provides a virtual device for video called "vMixVideo" AND a virtual device for audio called "vMixAudio"

vMix also provides 2 independent buses for audio: A & B which can be used for audio routing like doing what you need, that is to say "audio-minus". These can be routed either to vMixAudio virtual device or to any third-party virtual audio cables or virtual mixer devices.

If I get it well, using Adobe Connect should not be really different than using Skype or Zoom with vMix. This can be done with vMix with perfect a/v sync for many years from a single computer.

I guess you are not familiar with audio routing or using vMix Buses or even using Virtual Cables, but I'm pretty sure going for a single computer setup would be a much more reliable solution. Maybe we can help for this?

Guillaume
mzproduction  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:25:05 AM(UTC)
mzproduction

good morning DWAM , i'm not saying that this is a problem caused by vmix , i know that sending audio to one pc and video to another can cause a delay for many factors.
I'm doing in this way because is a long story: we are using adobeconnect from many years and mixer is over 5 years old , at the beginning we are using a pc with windows 7 with intel i5 and another spare all in one pc with intel i3 because we are using this conference system like when Apple is doing Keynote , with powerpoint presentation that the speakers needs to manage slide...and if i manage the audio and video from the same pc that is connected to a projector for the local audience i cause problem with the wireless presenter because loose focus since it's like a wireless mouse.
That's why i split the audio and video into two pc because all in one was not powerfull enough to manage both and i can't do the opposite because the intel i5 doesn't have usb3 for the hdmi grabber.
In that days also the video mixer software are power hungry compared to the vmix 19.
Now we have changed the all in one with a new HP all in one with 64 bit OS and to avoid problem with mixer i left it connected to the intel i5 pc with windows 7 pro sp1 32 bit
the delay of 1-2 seconds is caused also because for technical reason we need a wireless hdmi camera able to show maintenance operations on our
inkjet industrial printers done with the presenter but i cannot afford a professional hdmi wireless system so i solve the problem with home wifi hdmi and hdmi extender..this two combined caused a delay in the video received from vmix that add a delay caused by the configuration.
I think you know when you are on a very tight budget ;-)
Adobeconnect is a conference system consumed from a webpage but you need a plugin and flash from Adobe , for the video i have no problem because i can select vmix video as a virtual video out but for the audio vmix audio is not shown..even on skype...i tried this on another pc but again no vmix audio even on latest skype...
i was also thinking that installing a vmix on the pc with connection to the mixer just to manage the audio and adding a delay is a waste so that's why i posted to this forum hopeing that someone in the field has solved with a simple software this problem...
in the mean time i installed vmix on pc that manage the audio and i have found a virtual cable software that connected to the vmix master audio is able to route the audio to the adobeconnect...so i solve the problem but from my point of view is very complicated and a waste of pc resource...if there is a better and simple solution i appreciate.