logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Potimus  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 7:08:33 PM(UTC)
Potimus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just purchased a new computer to run vmix and wanted to give it a try with vmix call. I participate in a forum for the Portland Trail Blazers and wanted to do a show during the draft. I was going to get one or 2 people on scene at the draft party and then me from home to control the show. Just found out I'm going to be in Atlanta though. I was thinking why not just do it from there? Can I just use team view to control my computer from Atlanta? Is there something I am overlooking that will make this to difficult? Obviously since I'm not at home if something goes wrong I'm screwed but where is the fun in not pushing the limits on your first try.
ask  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 9:08:20 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Yes you can do this with Team Viewer but you also need to make certain that there is someone who can press the power button if you need to do anything physically. I can (and have) remotely switch using it from all around the country. TeamViewer seems to be the best solution with the lowest latency.
thanks 1 user thanked ask for this useful post.
RichShumaker on 5/25/2017(UTC)
Potimus  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 9:14:13 PM(UTC)
Potimus

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Do I have to have someone there? If I just leave it on can I just access it when I need to? How much bandwidth would I need to do 3 vmix call inputs?
ask  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 10:05:37 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
If it is mission critical, I would have someone available to physically troubleshoot. vMix Call will adjust to your available bandwidth, and you have some control over how much you send back to the incoming guest. Remember that the rule of thumb with video data is that you should not exceed 50% of available (upstream) bandwidth and that includes all traffic on your network and connection to the CDN/ISP. So TeamViewer will add to that as well as each incoming/outgoing call. So to be comfortable I would want to have at least 25down/5up for a low res scenario. You might also want to look at zoom.us as a solution for multiple guests as it manages most of the data requirements in the cloud reducing the amount of bandwidth you need to your production switcher.
Digitalson  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:16:28 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Groups:

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Can teamviewer send audio back? I was using logmein for a while with a program that sent bidirectional audio between both computers and it worked great....
mjgraves  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:45:24 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Digitalson wrote:
Can teamviewer send audio back? I was using logmein for a while with a program that sent bidirectional audio between both computers and it worked great....

Yes, Teamviewer does send the local audio back to the controlling point.
boris9831  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:04:11 PM(UTC)
boris9831

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Just got back form a 1 month trip and used TeamViewer to support several customers. Works great to troubleshoot problems and get them going again. Also, if you set up the computer on a remote switch (I use a WeMo) you can have it restart a system that is locked up.