logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Crud577  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 9:47:43 PM(UTC)
Crud577

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Hi all at vMix team
I'm a user of Video Studio Pro and in this editing tool I'm able to add fade outs on audio files. In vMix there seems no setting that achieves a similar result. Audio at times ends abruptly, video files have quite a few options with transitions, cut, fade, merge etc but not on audio content. As an example, using a audio file on overlay to add a backing track and on termination there is no option in settings to give the audio file a fade out or to adjust the timing. I feel that smooth transitions on audio will give a improved workflow and add to a more professional feel. Correct me if this feature is available and I've overlooked this.
Regards
Graham
Melbourne
Vic
Australia
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 5:08:01 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Graham

vMix is a Live Production software, e.g. it is designed to be operated in realtime by one or more people. It is not an NLE...
I totally agree that audio fades are important for smooth transitions but as a matter of fact, using the audio mixer you can very easily fade in and out your inputs independently of the visual switching.

Guillaume
Crud577  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 9:03:50 AM(UTC)
Crud577

Man
Australia

Thanks DWAM
I was thinking audio mixer but having tried this control, the human fine motor control factors in and falls short of a smooth gradient on fade out. In any production, having content for sound tracks, visual effects etc included is it possible in individual inputs such as audio to include fade in and fade outs in settings? Surely it's not terribly hard to on overlay termination to branch to a Decay/Delay script.
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 7, 2017 11:38:02 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Yo! Graham,
There's and old request AUDIO FADE that you might wanna check out. Some additional workarounds, and room for a little +1.

Over and (fade) out ;)