logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rreinsch  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:23:22 AM(UTC)
rreinsch

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi There,
We are having an issue where we have had 2 live streams where one of our VmixCall guests about 1 hour into the call their Audio and video were out of sync. The other caller and the Local camera and audio were fine and and Audio and video were in sync.

Could this be an issue on the Vmix Software side? Or could this be an issue with the computer / internet connection on the callers side. Just a little background.... We were using Mimiolive with their call in feature for months and we never had this problem with this Caller calling in and we did a 2-4 hour call once a week for 2 months.

We absolutely love Vmix and we are hoping this issue is something that can be figured out..

Thanks!
geekslife  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 11:04:27 PM(UTC)
geekslife

Man
United States

I am having the exact same issue. I just installed the trial to test this out against Livestream software, and as I like what I am seeing, I am also finding it to be pretty buggy. It cannot be the internet speed. My guest did a speed test and has 50 up and down. Hoping this is an easy fix.
admin  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 11:14:05 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

Could you describe the bugs you are seeing, preferably in as much detail as possible?

We haven't seen any audio sync issues so far, so would like to know some information about that as possible so we can investigate.

Thanks,

Martin
rreinsch  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 11:53:20 PM(UTC)
rreinsch

Hi Martin,
What I have experienced on more that one occasion is when we have 2 callers and a host ( 2 callers are through VmixCall and the host is local on a webcam) that one caller's video and audio get out of sync. We have seen both video is before the audio and audio is before the video. Looking at the call stats both callers look good and show response times both around 100 / 150ms.

The internet connection where we are doing the show is 150/150 and everytime we have seen this happen the guests internet connection has been great and doesn't
seem to be the issue.

ON the machine Vmix is running it is running smoothly and the system is not taxed in anyway.

Not sure if you need anymore info, if you do please let me know.

Thanks
Jhthompson  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 11:53:19 AM(UTC)
Jhthompson

United States

I just had a session today with 5 vMix callers. 2 of them drifted out of sync over the course of the session. A refresh fixed the issue, but I thought that vMix call has a Jitter to prevent this. Both connections were coming in at over 2000 MBps and my studio internet is 600MB Down and 40MB up. It was a pre-record session so we can edit a little to fix it, but I haven't seen this before and I've been using vMix Call a lot. I'm using a Gaming Laptop with a NVIDIA 1080 Card I have the box checked to take advantage of the G-Sync. Any thoughts or best Practices to avoid this? Also, the 2 callers that drifted I've been doing their weekly Youtube show and the 2 hosts are the ones who drifted out of sync. It was unusual.
streamstuff  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 7:13:51 AM(UTC)
streamstuff

Originally Posted by: Jhthompson Go to Quoted Post
I just had a session today with 5 vMix callers. 2 of them drifted out of sync over the course of the session. A refresh fixed the issue, but I thought that vMix call has a Jitter to prevent this. Both connections were coming in at over 2000 MBps and my studio internet is 600MB Down and 40MB up. It was a pre-record session so we can edit a little to fix it, but I haven't seen this before and I've been using vMix Call a lot. I'm using a Gaming Laptop with a NVIDIA 1080 Card I have the box checked to take advantage of the G-Sync. Any thoughts or best Practices to avoid this? Also, the 2 callers that drifted I've been doing their weekly Youtube show and the 2 hosts are the ones who drifted out of sync. It was unusual.

Were your callers out of sync in the outgoing stream/records or just in the vMix UI? Because I’ve seen calls go out of sync quite a bit in the UI, but not in the resulting streams/records.
Jhthompson  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 7:21:08 AM(UTC)
Jhthompson

United States

They were out of sync on the stream and records. Only 2 out of 5 and the 2 that went out were the ones hard-wired in. Web RTC sometimes drifts is the best explanation I received...
jermanprod  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 1:36:03 PM(UTC)
jermanprod

United States

I always find that the audio sync in vMixCall is a mixed bag. In every one of my productions, some folks are in sync, others are slightly out of sync and a few are out of sync by a full 1-2 seconds. In all of the cases where the audio is out of sync, the video signal is always ahead of the audio. I combat this several ways: set External Output audio delay in the negative ms range, set the vMixCall input audio delay in the in the negative ms range and set the Audio "Default Input Audio Delay" to -1000ms. With these settings, I can usually get things pretty close to in sync. For those folks that are a full 1-2 seconds out of sync, I can never get them close enough to be passable.

In my last event, I had about 6 vMixCallers. They were all being received with strong internet connections over wifi on their end. I was the only one hard wired through ethernet. Again, it was the same mixed bag. The person that was very out of sync the most had a solid internet connection, but was the only person using a headset/mic device. Is it possible for those devices to cause greater sync issues? Is there any way to get more flexibility in delaying the audio in the negative range with a future program update?