logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TeODH4  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:08:03 AM(UTC)
TeODH4

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
OCR for Scoreboard

I would love to have built in support for optical character recognition, so we could simply point a cheap camera at a scoreboard to get live data for our scoreboard titles. ScoreOCR is a popular piece of software that does this. Something along these lines would be great. Demo of ScoreOCR:

Live Text

I would like a way to push a live text stream into vMix. This would be useful for lyrics, and other lower thirds. If you can develop a way to push this type of info into vMix that would be awesome. I have two possibilities in mind. either you can scrape a specified http server and display the corresponding html / text. Or if you can add an "update title text" functionality into the api I can develop an application to interface with the api, which would work perfectly for our needs.

If integrating into the API i think you should be able to specify the input somehow, by title, number etc. As well as the name of the item you wish to update, such as headline, or description.

Thanks!
macjaeger  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:26:44 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Take a look at martins posting in this thread: http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=1045 .

This new feature might be usefull for your idea!