logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zenvideo  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 4:43:18 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Due out later this year, Magewell have released details of a new 4-in, 2-out PCIe SDI I/O card - http://www.magewell.com/flex-io-sdi-4i2o (and http://www.magewell.com/4972.html)
billh2020  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:30:38 AM(UTC)
billh2020

I know this is an old post, but am curious if anyone is using this card in a Vmix build?

Although it shows as not shipping on the Magewell site, I have seen it listed for sale on Ebay. Not sure if those are legit offers though.

I've got Blackmagic cards in both desktops and TB3 Sonnet builds, but have tired of having camera setup issues. We get them resolved, but waste time troubleshooting connections and software settings. Thankfully, once set-up they are stable.

I do like the ability to send external output to the Blackmagic card, so was hoping to find a solution that could do both in/out in one slot.

Thanks for any feedback.
zenvideo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 4:49:58 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: billh2020 Go to Quoted Post
Although it shows as not shipping on the Magewell site, I have seen it listed for sale on Ebay. Not sure if those are legit offers though.

Probably not, since it's definitely not shipping yet (sadly). Development got hit by two things, the first being the introduction of the Decklink Quad2 with its 8 assignable In/Outs. AFAIK, this prompted Magewell to rethink the design of the card. Secondly, they got involved with NewTek as being an early-adopter/partner in developing hardware NDI encoder/decoder products based on NewTek's SDK for embedded devices, which diverted their R&D resources away from the Flex I/O cards. It's my understanding that once all those planned NDI devices are shipping, the last one being the recently-announced Rx NDI decoder, then they'll turn their attention back to completing the FlexIO.
thanks 1 user thanked zenvideo for this useful post.
billh2020 on 6/9/2019(UTC)
billh2020  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:43:32 AM(UTC)
billh2020

Thanks for that input. For what its worth, I'd be happy with 4in / 2out, particularly for a mobile rig. For those rare cases where I need a 5th input, today I use a magewell usb dongle.