logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cosmiccarnage  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 5:01:07 PM(UTC)
cosmiccarnage

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have been using OBS for a while and have been wanted something more powerful for a while, and have come across vMix. I downloaded the trial version and so far I'm really loving it. I know a few other really good streamers that use it and do really cool things with it, and I'd like to as well. However, I've been running into a few problems that have been hindering me from purchasing the HD edition of vMix...

1. I cannot use Desktop Capture to capture my HDMI Capture Card's application, VivaStation (TVPanel.exe).
2. I also cannot add my speakers and headphones as Audio Input devices. I have described both of these issues in further detail below.

For both of these issues, I have tried versions 15, 17, 19 of vMix and I'm running Windows 10 x64 with a STRIX Raid Pro sound card and a USB Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 headset (mic & headphones).

My first problem is I cannot directly add my SIIG HD Mini capture card (Hdmi) as an input into vMix. No matter what settings I set for the card, I get "error resolution not supported by device" when saving the setting. I couldn't use it in OBS directly either, so I've been just using the software that came with the capture card (VivaStation, or TVPanel.exe in taskmgr).

When I go to setup Desktop Capture for the VivaStation window, the window is simply not in the available options for both NDI and Local Desktop Capture. I can work around this by having OBS presenting a fullscreen preview of the capture card's application.....but that is a bad workaround, and my next problem prevents me from still purchasing vMix.

My next issue is that I cannot select any Audio Output devices as an input under Audio Input. I have tried plugging speakers into both my motherboard's speaker port as well as my sound card's, but they and my usb headphones do not show as an option. I could use the audio from the NDI desktop capture and sync it up, but I still can't mix in my USB Headphones as it will only capture my system default audio device through NDI. Now that I think about it, I can't add my HDMI audio devices either, like my TV.

Available options under Audio Input:
Headset Microphone (HyperX 7.1 Audio)
STRIX SOUND CARD ASIO(64)
vMix Audio
vMix Audio - Bus A
vMix Audio - Bus B
vMix Audio - M A
vMix Audio - M A B

I apologize for the long post, I wanted to be detailed. I hope someone can help, and thank you!
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 5:14:16 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Quote:
SIIG HD Mini capture card

It's not a supported capture device.

http://www.vmix.com/software/supported-hardware.aspx

Don't understand what you are trying to do with your headphones. They would be an output source as your speakers are.

Are you trying to use the your headset mic as an input? If so, then choose it from the list of inputs.
cosmiccarnage  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 7:12:27 PM(UTC)
cosmiccarnage

Thanks for your reply!
Everything but the headphones is a non-issue I suppose.

Essentially, I use my headphones for Discord or in-game voice chat. So game sound is out the speakers, voice chat is in the headset.
So I want to include my headphone audio (output) in my stream and I just can't seem to find where to include my headphone audio. I'm sure the Audio Input addin wasn't the right category, but I'm not sure where else it would be. This is a standard feature in OBS and XSplit
cosmiccarnage  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 9:04:36 PM(UTC)
cosmiccarnage

Looks like I found a solution.
1. install Virtual Audio Cable and add 2 new Lines.
2. set Discord chat output to go out through virtual line (2).
3. Set vMix sound output master as virtual line (1), A as headphones, B as speakers
4. Add Line 2 as Audio Input in vMix
5. On vMix audio mixer, check M(aster) and A. Need Master checked otherwise sound won't go through the stream, but you set it to the virtual line not in use that way it doesn't play through your headphones (because you checked A) and your speakers (Master) at the same time.
6. Capture Desktop screen and use checkbox for audio only, this is to capture speakers (default sound device in windows)
7. Sync it all up
SportsNetUSA.net  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 10:25:33 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I was thinking I should have mentioned you may need a virtual audio cable, but you solved it yourself.

Glad you sorted things out, hope it works as planned!