logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stigaard  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 11:58:36 AM(UTC)
stigaard

Groups: Registered
Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Hi vMixers,

I have used my Nexus 5X cellphone for one livestream, and I was not too happy about the result. The feed from the cellphone were only 15-20 fps, and I hoped that it could keep up with clear 30, but it couldn't. You can see an real example of where I've used the Nexus 5X with vMix call in the Firefox Beta browser (I recommend you to use the Chrome browser though!) here:
?t=33m49s

Therefore, I made a little test with my brother's cellphone, a One Plus 3, which has a better processor. I documented a very small test which you can see here:

My conclusion was that the framerate was much more stable on the One Plus 3. And I guess that processor is the reason. The interruptions of the feeds in the demo was due to the fact that I used the 4G network in the house instead of the WiFi.

The feed resolution for the cellphones were in SD quality, 480x270 or similar, but the quality of the image were still pretty good. Especially on the One Plus 3 with a great camera, but it were also decent quality on my Nexus 5X.

Please share your experience with vMix Call using cellphones.
Thanks for reading!

Jens Stigaard
thanks 2 users thanked stigaard for this useful post.
Video Dave on 4/14/2017(UTC), richardgatarski on 4/19/2017(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:51:04 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Jens, thanks for the demo!

We tried with a couple of Samsung Galaxy S7 and got 640x360 resolution at I believe 30 fps (didn't record the way you did). Tried both over WiFi and 3/4G. Unfortunately I can't share our recording.

I am kind of curious about if it is vMixcall.com that decides on the resolution, or if it is the browser (in our case Chrome on the Androids). It would be nice to see if 1280x720 would work...