logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
randys  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:40:32 PM(UTC)
randys

Groups: Registered

We've actually tried both VBR and CBR from the camera, and have also fiddled with the I-frame interval from the available minimum of 30 to the default of 60. None of these changes made any difference. We didn't try a longer Iframe interval but I did not think that would help.

Are you thinking a longer interval might help? Just wondering.
kjones9999  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 9:11:54 AM(UTC)
kjones9999

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 50 post(s)
The theory is-- and its just a theory, that higher i frame intervals will reduce processing load, and lower intervals tend to clear up any processing errors. So its just another troubleshooting approach.

Others may chime in but I have had streams clear up when adjusting the iframe interval lower.
randys  
#23 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 1:25:29 PM(UTC)
randys

Finally got the hardware to test this again. Changing IFrame rates had no effect. The camera in question does not have an MTU adjustment and so we could not test that.

Thanks for all the suggestions on what to try.

Again, sure seems like a vMix queuing bug since multiple other programs have no problem receiving this stream.
kjones9999  
#24 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 10:40:04 PM(UTC)
kjones9999

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 50 post(s)
It certainly seems that way.... I would send a bug report....

Good luck!
randys  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:41:05 PM(UTC)
randys

I was able to get this to work properly by "washing" the video through VLC. This uses and RTSP stream into VLC from the camera with an output RTSP stream enabled from that input. But, it only works if VLC transcodes the input signal. Otherwise I get the same jumpiness. I frankly cannot explain this behavior because it should eliminate handshake problems, although the MTU setting could still be at fault.

In any case, I've sent a support request indicating the problem and potential bug. Does anyone know of another way to report a bug?

Cheers.
andser  
#26 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 4:06:21 AM(UTC)
andser

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm not sure if your circumstances are the same - nevertheless there are similarities where I also faced IP streams stutter. In my set-up I’m using mainly Axis equipment (Q3505, 2xQ6115 PTZ and P8221 Network I/O Audio [the main audio source from the global PA system; no other audio sources]) plus some NDI captures.
Long story short - I did a fair degree of network troubleshooting to find:

1. My Windows 10 main system has 2x Intel NIC with teaming enabled for the aggregation and redundancy. After some time I noticed that the TEAM NIC probe when retries link test gradually increased connection drop time to the extent when I could observe about a second gap across all sources. Removing TEAM from NIC and configuring LAG on the switch removed the issue.

2. All Axis streams are using RTMP/RTSP protocols. In time the individual devices started “drifting” where the internal HWC clocks are not the greatest. I start noticing that the stream buffering is trying to compensate time frame differences between devices resulting in 3-5 seconds “stream freeze”. Using ffmpeg directly with the individual sources (or VLC) I could not find a problem. After weeks of factory resets, ONVIF profiles “mix-ups”, three support tickets with Axis and disassembling Axis’ RTSP implementation I realised that my problem lies in the reliable time source for all systems taking part in the production.
Since building stratum1 NTP (GPS time source) based on the raspberry PI and using it as the main NTP server – all problems gone; including lip sync across all video+audio “stitched” production.

Cheers.
randys  
#27 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 9:00:26 AM(UTC)
randys

Thanks much for these pointers. We will certainly investigate the NIC implementation as we'd not thought of it.

We had considered the clock issue also and changed both the PC and camera to the same network-based time reference (isc.org, I believe). Does a time source on the same network make that much difference? Seems like it did for you. We haven't seen this effect with 3 other IP cameras we're using, even without modifying the time source in them.

We'll definitely give both of these a try!
andser  
#28 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 9:51:12 AM(UTC)
andser

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just to point out that the Windows 10 (pro) not joined to any DC will use OOTB ntp client time sync intervals: once a week (604800 seconds).
Depending on the quality of your HWC on the motherboard you may want to change the hive's defaults. You should see the "SpecialPollInterval" key (Decimal) located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpClient.

For me 1 day (86400 seconds) made the time keeping brick solid.

On top of the above I set:

1. DHCP for this particular machine (and all other related IP based video and audio devices) to "static reservation" + "no-expiry".
2. Separate VLAN on L2 broadcast domain (network domain, not live publishing) plus L3 routed network dedicated to broadcast role (using multicast priority).

Good luck with your troubleshooting.
thanks 1 user thanked andser for this useful post.
mjgraves on 4/21/2017(UTC)
Streamevent  
#29 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 10:33:17 AM(UTC)
Streamevent

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
We also had stuttering video all 10-20sec when we connect 2 Axis cams 1080/25.
Now we run 6 Axis 1080/25 at the Vmix-Notebook with no problems.

The solution:
-We now use a dedicated gigabit switch instead of the gigabit switch in the router.
-We set the h.264 compression in the cams to at least to 20%.

Hop this help, try it.

Hudson  
#30 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 5:12:51 AM(UTC)
Hudson

Some DVRs will display a frozen image when they lose the signal. Some will freeze when the feed is noisy. If the cameras display fine on a monitor, then the cameras are not the problem.

It's possible that the DVR is simply failing, or that just those inputs are failing. Try swapping inputs of one of the "problem" cameras with one of the stable ones... see if the freezing moves with the camera, or stays with its original channel. That will help narrow down whether the problem is with the DVR itself.

Hope this will help you if still the problem remains, then consult with the CCTV installation companies nearby you or contact with technical support team.