logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mmorlan62  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 3:12:29 PM(UTC)
mmorlan62

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi all,

I'm using vMix for a weekly, half-hour webcast. We used to run it live-streamed but now we use vMix for the pre-recording session. It's been an excellent production tool. We do expect to use it for an upcoming 24-hour live-stream event.

Currently, my on-camera talent can't hear the audio from the system since I don't have a means to isolate what feeds he/she hears. It would be excellent to have a studio fold-back mix that allows me to choose which sources may be heard on this mix and to which PC hardware that mix is sent. This would allow me to send remote camera feeds and pre-recorded playback to a talent ear-piece or studio speakers.

Thanks,

Michael
Luc Henrion  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 5:36:05 AM(UTC)
Luc Henrion

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
you could achieve this with a lot of (pro) audio interfaces, like the ones from Focusrite, RME or MOTU e.g. They allow a (latency-free) mix with aux sends of some kind.
mmorlan62  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 11:09:52 AM(UTC)
mmorlan62

United States

Luc Henrion wrote:
you could achieve this with a lot of (pro) audio interfaces, like the ones from Focusrite, RME or MOTU e.g. They allow a (latency-free) mix with aux sends of some kind.

Luc, of course. I own a Delta 1010, for instance. But, this presumes all your sources are coming from discrete sources outside the vMix system. How does one isolate the audio from multiple video files or remote webcams playing through vMix?

I suppose I could come up with some scheme that routes audio internally via a free audio-router software but that's just fraught with potential failure.

M
admin  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 12:05:17 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
How does the Delta 1010 show up in the vMix Settings -> Audio -> Default Audio Renderer?
Does each output show up as a separate item?

If so, it would theoretically add support for multiple audio mixes sometime after vMix 10
but it would require a lot of interest to justify the large amount of work involved.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
mmorlan62  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2013 1:25:07 PM(UTC)
mmorlan62

United States

Hmm. I haven't connect my 1010 to the vmix system yet. I'll try it out and report back.

Thanks Martin.
Luc Henrion  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 4:22:00 AM(UTC)
Luc Henrion

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
OK, I see your point. I don't know what software comes with your Delta 1010 but I will see what I can achieve with a MOTU and/or a Focusrite.
I think it "should" be possible to get the individual streams. It almost certainly is with my Soundscape/SSL MX4 setup, but 128 streams + MADI I/O is maybe a bit "over the top" ! :-)

EDIT: I had a brief look at the Delta 1010 software and I'm afraid it doesn't provide what you need (no aux sends), contrary to the MOTU 896 e.g., that allows for 16 different, simultaneous mixes, including inidvidual level, mute & solo in each mix. No time yet to try it "for real", sorry.