logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
iluppiHD  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2017 3:40:55 AM(UTC)
iluppiHD

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I got this fancy VirtualSet. I try to config zoom settings, but adjusting zoomX and zoomY wont make difference to picture. I want to adjust "Full zoom", "Medium Shot zoom" and "Close Up zoom" zoom settings. Is there somewhere in my settings a certain thing that resets my configs?

My XML:
Code:
<virtualSet>
  <input name="Background" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" dynamic="false">Background.png</input>
  <input name="Stage" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" dynamic="false">Stage.png</input>
  <input name="Screens" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" dynamic="True" uvmap="Screens.png">blank.png</input>
  <input name="Screen_pgm" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" dynamic="True" uvmap="Screen1.png">blank.png</input>
  <input name="Talent" x="0.03340757" y="-0.1029702" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" dynamic="True" uvmap="Talent.png">blank.png</input>
  <zoom name="Close Up" x="-0.5" y="0" zoomX="3" zoomY="3" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" />
  <zoom name="Medium Shot" x="-0.3" y="0" zoomX="2.5" zoomY="2.5" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" />
  <zoom name="Full" x="1" y="0" zoomX="2" zoomY="2" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" />
  <zoom name="Custom" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" />
</virtualSet>

EDIT: This fancy virtualset was downloaded from Vmix.com

Br. IluppiHD
iluppiHD  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2017 5:29:26 AM(UTC)
iluppiHD

I've been doing more testing. I have changed full "zoom" area and it doesn't do anything. But I can still manipulate input settings..What am I doing wrong?

Code:
  <zoom name="Close Up" x="0.744" y="0.224" zoom="3.997" />
  <zoom name="Medium Shot" x="-0.09" y="-0.063" zoom="1.943" />
  <zoom name="Full" x="0" y="0" zoom="1" />
  <zoom name="Custom" x="0" y="0" zoom="1" />

Br. IluppiHD
iluppiHD  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 7:18:22 AM(UTC)
iluppiHD

Martin and fellas!

Do you have any idea that what is doing this? It loads my positions after I hit reset positions from vMix. So configuring from XML file is pretty frustrating.

Br. IluppiHD
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 10:47:43 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ iluppiHD

I'm not exactly clear on what it is you are attempting or why you are doing this within config?
Perhaps you can clarify.
In the meantime, have you not been able to make adjustments within the VirtualSet Input settings in vMix (right click the thumbnail of each "view" and adjust the sliders and/or coordinates). Any changes you make should be saved if you save the profile.

Ice
richardgatarski  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 11:54:15 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
iluppiHD,
This might be the same issue as I have with how XAML files are handled in vMix. When v17 was released I wrote about this. My problem was that if I changed a Title XAML, vMix would ignore that for any Input that used that Title. Martin commented:

Quote:
Any changes to the XAML are saved in the preset to avoid overwriting the original file.
Overwriting the original file is problematic from a reliability standpoint but I am open to ideas on how to deal with this dilemma.

The fix is:
- do the changes in the XAML file
- make sure to save that file
- click settings coq wheel for the Input (in your case the Virtual input that uses the XMAML file)
- click the Change button
- click OK (which will reload the XAML file)

Please report back if that helps or not. If it does help I have some ideas on how to deal with this issue.

Thanks.
iluppiHD  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:23:27 AM(UTC)
iluppiHD

Many thanks!

It didn't solve my problem. I try to make my problem simpler now -->

Case: "Demo UVMap VirtualSetWorks"
vMix Version 18
Problem: Changing settings like "zoom" and positioniong from config.xml file don't do anything but make thumbnails look right in vMix virtualstudio input.
What I want to do: I want to move and zoom my three virtualstudio pictures (Full zoom, mid and closeup).

What I've tried: Changed XML settings, tried other virtualstudio original xml.file, changed settings from vMix with UI.

And yes, I've exported and saved virtualstudio configs etc. And loaded it again to my scene.

Suggestions?

As you can see below, my zoom and position settings are now back to original. I tried to change zoomX and zoomY settings, but it didn't change anyting

My virtualstudio config is now:
Code:
<virtualSet>
  <input name="Tausta" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" cropping="0,0,1,1" dynamic="True">Background.png</input>
  <input name="Lava" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" cropping="0,0,1,1">Stage.png</input>
  <input name="Iso_NAYTTO" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" dynamic="True" uvmap="Screens.png">screenplaceholder.png</input>
  <input name="Pieni_NAYTTO" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" cropping="0,0,1,1" dynamic="True" uvmap="Screen1.png">screenplaceholderB.png</input>
  <input name="Kamera" x="0.027" y="0.009" zoomX="0.531" zoomY="0.531" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" cropping="0,202,0,0,852,1" dynamic="True">talentplaceholder.png</input>
  <zoom name="Close Up" x="0" y="0" zoomX="4" zoomY="4" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" />
  <zoom name="Medium Shot" x="0" y="0" zoomX="2" zoomY="2" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" />
  <zoom name="Full" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" />
  <zoom name="Custom" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" />
</virtualSet>

And my folder structure:
Files:
config.xml
Background.png
blank.png
Screen1.png
Screens.png
screenplaceholder.png
screenplaceholderB.png
Stage.png
Talent.png
talentplaceholder.png
thumbnail.jpg

Br. IluppiHD

richardgatarski wrote:
iluppiHD,
This might be the same issue as I have with how XAML files are handled in vMix. When v17 was released I wrote about this. My problem was that if I changed a Title XAML, vMix would ignore that for any Input that used that Title. Martin commented:

Quote:
Any changes to the XAML are saved in the preset to avoid overwriting the original file.
Overwriting the original file is problematic from a reliability standpoint but I am open to ideas on how to deal with this dilemma.

The fix is:
- do the changes in the XAML file
- make sure to save that file
- click settings coq wheel for the Input (in your case the Virtual input that uses the XMAML file)
- click the Change button
- click OK (which will reload the XAML file)

Please report back if that helps or not. If it does help I have some ideas on how to deal with this issue.

Thanks.

IceStream  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 12:17:22 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ iluppiHD

I'm still not clear why you want to change the "original" in config file (which could be "problematic" as stated above).
You can make all your changes visually within the Input in vMix and once you are satisfied, you can save your vMix set-up as a "Preset" and all your parameters for the VirtualSet should be maintained whenever you "Open" that "Preset".
Is that not what you want?

Ice
iluppiHD  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 25, 2017 2:18:16 AM(UTC)
iluppiHD

IceStream wrote:
@ iluppiHD

I'm still not clear why you want to change the "original" in config file (which could be "problematic" as stated above).
You can make all your changes visually within the Input in vMix and once you are satisfied, you can save your vMix set-up as a "Preset" and all your parameters for the VirtualSet should be maintained whenever you "Open" that "Preset".
Is that not what you want?

Ice

But that's the problem. Even if I change visually virtualstudio settings, it wont save these settings. I just tried to change my virtualstudio zoom and position settings with vMix and saved my preset. Then opened again my preset and Puff these settings were gone. Can somebody give me numbered list what to do. For example:

1. Click virtual studio settings
2. Change zoom settings
3. Save preset
4. Open preset

br. IluppiHD