logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dsharon  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:33:19 AM(UTC)
dsharon

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I urgently need a control surface + T-BAR solution.
If someone has found a working solution I'll really appreciate if can share.
Thanks in advance,
Sharon.
macjaeger  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 4:13:09 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
To the best of my knowledge, there is no hardware T-bar available, that would work with vMix. It also isn't likely to adapt any "normal" T-bar to vMix, because vMix's T-bar doesn't mimic physical T-bars, it's more like a "one way only" slider: once you reach the right end, inputs will be switched and the T-bar is reset to left side - no physical device can do that.
Bardos  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 2:38:22 PM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups:
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hey guys, check this......and the guy says it works with vMix......

http://www.mikemyers.me/video-control-surface/
http://www.h3j.com/index...onsoles/compare-c-series
http://www.h3j.com/index...s/c-series-consoles/c200

Watch the videos on the right hand side of the last site
thecloudmediagroup  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:46:49 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
macjaeger wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, there is no hardware T-bar available, that would work with vMix. It also isn't likely to adapt any "normal" T-bar to vMix, because vMix's T-bar doesn't mimic physical T-bars, it's more like a "one way only" slider: once you reach the right end, inputs will be switched and the T-bar is reset to left side - no physical device can do that.

This is actually possible on both accounts! It takes some slick programming but its possible. Because the API has the ability to send specific positions of the T-Bar, a T-Tbar can be programmed to trigger the API value (0-255 if I remember correctly) through the physical T-Bar value and change the position. Programming can account for the position of the T-Bar whether it is up or down depending on the physical layout of the console (Program vs Preview)
It's a bit tricky but doable.

This is the project that I am currently working on and should have some more info soon. Shooting to be about half the price of the H3J units with the same vMix capabilities.

Bardos  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:00:20 PM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups:
Man

wow, sounds great...but can you build a software only version...I ask this because If I am using multiview and 2 monitor set up, I can use a software version to float so I can place it where I am sitting, as I do not always use the main monitor screen. Sometimes I use the multiview screen to do my shot selection, leaving the main monitor for the operator to do lower thirds, pull up clips and other stuff, leaving me to just select and switch, and an hardware switcher my not always be usable where situations are tight....also, software can also be very convenient when it can be used from an ipad, or other such device.
thecloudmediagroup  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:08:13 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Bardos wrote:
wow, sounds great...but can you build a software only version...I ask this because If I am using multiview and 2 monitor set up, I can use a software version to float so I can place it where I am sitting, as I do not always use the main monitor screen. Sometimes I use the multiview screen to do my shot selection, leaving the main monitor for the operator to do lower thirds, pull up clips and other stuff, leaving me to just select and switch, and an hardware switcher my not always be usable where situations are tight....also, software can also be very convenient when it can be used from an ipad, or other such device.

That is definitely an option! Is there something about the web interface that doesn't work for you that a separate visual mixer would solve?
Bardos  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 5:44:10 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups:
Man

I have not used the web interface, but I think I will give it a try.....but I just like the traditional look set up as it is what I am used to, and my workflow is much faster than what vMix now offers...I love working with vMix, but for a 2 person operation, which we do most of the time, the traditional setups work faster and easier.

I have a friend who is using Blackmagic Atem, and that setup works much faster for me.....I had a little use of Livestream, and that is nice also.....even Vidblaster, although it does not have a "T" bar...I also used VJDirector for a while, before I discovered vMix, and that has a nice "T" bar as well....but none...NONE can touch vMix where functionality, economic use of CPU and stability is concern...vMix chews them up and spits them out.....They are more attractive to look at, but vMix does what it says will.....
Egriswold  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:10:58 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Here it is. a fader/t-bar controller. USB device to allow manual transitioning between preview to program out in vMix 13 and up.
UserPostedImage
It's a simple design approximately 5"x4"x1" allowing for easy setup, minimal space and easy to use.
Once the unit is registered a link to drivers and application will be emailed.
I'll post a video showing setup and usage very soon. The box can be positioned vertically or horizontal. which ever makes the user most comfortable.
I chose the fader design to keep the device cost down however if I get enough request I'll manufacture a more traditional T-Bar unit. But this will effectively double the cost just because the hardware cost twice as much.
For those wishing to purchase one simply go here.
For outside the United States purchases please click here.
Please post any questions & comments here or email me ed@streambreeze.net
Demo Video Click Here
Thank you
I would really like to know what people think, please feel free to leave comments or email me.

]