logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
azionwarrior  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 9, 2014 10:56:51 AM(UTC)
azionwarrior

Groups: Registered

This card captures audio just fine, but the video stream is unrecognized by vMix. Although, the actual device is available to choose in the "Capture" drop down menu of the "Capture" tab of the "Input Select" window.

I have found a work around by using the capture software that was available from the original creator of the device (YUAN) and setting up a separate monitor for "Desktop Capture."

The software is called Video Keeper and can be found in the http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/sc-500n1_download.htm August 2012 release of drivers for the Yuan SC500 N1 capture card. It's in Japanese, so use Chrome's page translate.

Start the capture through Video Keeper and then maximize the window to fill the extra monitor.

Then go into vMix and start "Desktop Capture." Choose whatever computer that you are using to capture the video (either ip connected, or local) and then the "Desktop Capture" window will open up.

Choose Desktop from the "Window" menu. Choose which display that you are using to fullscreen the video, if you have multiple screens on one computer, from the "Display" menu. Unfortunately, my extra monitor is not a 1080 monitor, so the 16:9 video is letterboxed.

To solve that problem there is an extremely convenient crop function in the vMix desktop capture interface under the "Display" section which gives you x, y, w, and h coordinates to manipulate.

I don't know the coordinates, so I had to click the button with the pencil on it that is to the right of those fields. Once the "Desktop Capture Selection" window pops up just shrink the red crop box to fit your video and click "OK."

Choose the "Frames Per Second" of your incoming video, click "OK" and Voila!

Alternatively, vMix could just write the script to get vMix to recognize the video coming from the PEXHDCAP card, but until then this will suffice.

Thanks for your excellent software with the many options vMix!!

Also, if you have a way to help me get the video recognized and can walk me through it I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks
Zoe