logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wharvey  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 9:15:58 AM(UTC)
wharvey

Groups: Registered
United States

Hey All,

I recently installed all the NDI tools and was anxious to try NDI Bridge. I got the bridge built and had two other people join me. I was the host and they joined my bridge. The interesting thing is that using VMix I could pass video with embedded audio to them but the NDI Bridge would not pass audio in their NDI stream back to me. We were on a Zoom call and I could see their NDI Studio Monitor of their source. I saw the video and the audio metering so I knew they were sending audio. I could not get the Bridge to bring in the NDI stream with the video/audio. Is this a bug in VMix not working with NDI Bridge?
eandrasi  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 1:00:07 AM(UTC)
eandrasi

Canada

I've run into a few issues with vMix 24 and Bridge. Your issue sounds like you need to have "NDI 4 Compatibility" checked in the Bridge encoder settings. One of the main differences between NDI 4 and 5 is how it handles audio. I have also been running into issues testing vMix 24 into our production environment and have had it consistently crash bridge (the host just stops and needs a reboot before other can join) testing next to see if beta or NDI 5 fixes that.
wharvey  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 1:48:51 AM(UTC)
wharvey

United States

Thank you for the information on the NDI compatibility check. I will setup a test and try this again when I can and let you know the results. I did have NDI Bridge randomly crash on me one time during this initial test.
eandrasi  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 1:55:29 AM(UTC)
eandrasi

Canada

My crashes seem to happen after 10 min, also specifically when pulling from bridge, or setting the output to NDI from vMix, going to try with the beta, or update vMix to NDI 5 and see what happens
eandrasi  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 3:10:58 AM(UTC)
eandrasi

Canada

My initial testing with v24 and beta v25 of vMix with NDI Tools v5.0.11.1 are that vMix causes the bridge host to crash. Even if not pulling in sources but just publishing NDI outputs it seems to crash between 10 and 40 mins from vMix being open. Here are my results. Would be curious to know if other are having the same issues?

-Bridge running, vMix instance shutdown (weekend test) = No crash (3days)
-Bridge running, GCP vMix instance running (vMix not launched) = No crash (2 days)
-Bridge running, GCP vMix instance started (vMix launched with 2 NDI sources in and 4 available output NDI from vMix) = Crashed bridge (~10min)
-Bridge running, GCP vMix Started with No NDI Outputs enabled. 2 NDI inputs through Bridge = Crashed bridge (~10 min.
-Bridge running, GCP vMix Started with No NDI Inputs or Outputs (just vMix sitting there) = No Crash
-Bridge running, GCP vMix Started with Pulling only local NDI (Cloud) no NDI Outputs Advertised = Crashed Bridge (~40min)