logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AV_FUCV  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 9:15:32 AM(UTC)
AV_FUCV

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hi,
My first post here. The background is that we're using AHK to control vMix, Zoom and our in-house projector & monitors for hybrid services. We use Google Slides and various online video sources (and yes, respecting copyright). AHK uses the WEB API to send commands to vMix

We append parameters such as "&autoplay=0" "&start=10" to control the online player behaviour. Cutting and pasting those URLs into the Browser input works but not so when passing the URL to the 'BrowserNavigate' shortcut. There is a simple workaround but I didn't find any mention of it in the vMix documentation or any forum post and hence the reason for this post.

The various special characters such as "?", "&" and "#" need to be replaced with their URL Encoding equivalents. You can find the equivalents here:
HTML URL Encoding Reference (w3schools.com)
doggy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 5:06:26 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 947 time(s) in 782 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AV_FUCV Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
My first post here. The background is that we're using AHK to control vMix, Zoom and our in-house projector & monitors for hybrid services. We use Google Slides and various online video sources (and yes, respecting copyright). AHK uses the WEB API to send commands to vMix

We append parameters such as "&autoplay=0" "&start=10" to control the online player behaviour. Cutting and pasting those URLs into the Browser input works but not so when passing the URL to the 'BrowserNavigate' shortcut. There is a simple workaround but I didn't find any mention of it in the vMix documentation or any forum post and hence the reason for this post.

The various special characters such as "?", "&" and "#" need to be replaced with their URL Encoding equivalents. You can find the equivalents here:
HTML URL Encoding Reference (w3schools.com)

https://forums.vmix.com/...Web-API-Script#post51481

and

From Helpfiles (webscripting)
Quote:
URL encoding may need to be used when using special characters in the Value parameter.
AV_FUCV  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 5:42:28 PM(UTC)
AV_FUCV

Canada

True.
But that reference only appears in the Web Scripting section
It does not appear in either the HTTP WEB API or Shortcut Function reference which is what I've ben using
doggy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 6:20:06 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 947 time(s) in 782 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AV_FUCV Go to Quoted Post
True.
But that reference only appears in the Web Scripting section
It does not appear in either the HTTP WEB API or Shortcut Function reference which is what I've ben using

Must be the only one reading the helpfiles ;-)