logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mcook75  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 9:31:36 PM(UTC)
mcook75

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

We have a standard vMix config for all our 8 call systems, and i wanted to test it with 24 calls, so modified it to replicate 24 calls between 3 machines, with all the machines are calling each other.

I noticed 2 things;

1) If the CPU is over 60% the calls would flash yellow (they're all in the same building with excellence internet), even if the machine its connected to stays solid green.

2) After a period of time calls would drop, not all at once, but after a period of time say 20 hours, all the calls would disconnect.

As a bit of background, the template we use is NDI heavy, so the CPU load with 8 calls on all 3 creating a 24 call system, sit at 60-90% CPU load.

I have 3 types of PC build, with varying processors

System 1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz
System 2: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10885H CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz
System 3: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

All the system running with 8 calls and depending on weather they're the CUT machine of jsut a caller machine between 10 - 25 NDI's

Has anyone else experienced call dropping or yellow flashing of the call status when the CPU load is high?

Note that i have never had a call drop on a show, only with doing a vMix to vMix call, however I have experience the call integrity turning to yellow on all the call simultaneously, due to (what appears to be) CPU load being over 60%!