logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
STADIORADIO  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 5:05:00 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
hello this is my system for vMix SD

M/B ASUS P8H61 R2.0 CORE I3/I5/I7LGA1155
MB ASUS P8H61 R2.0 CORE I3/I5/I7 LGA1155 H61 2D3DC-2200
1PCIE3.0X16 2PCIE1X 3PCI 4SATA2 10USB2.0 GLAN ATX 90-MIBID0-
G0EAY0VZ

INTEL CORE I5-3330LGA 1155 3.0GHZ 6MB B
CPU INTEL QUAD CORE IVY BRIDGE I5-3330 3.0G BX80637I53330
6MB LGA1155 77W 22NM BOX

MODULO DDR3 8GB 1333 MHZ CORSAIR

HARD DISK SEAGATE 1TB SATA3

SVGA ASUS GT610/SLNT/1GD3/SILENT
SVGA ASUS GT610-SL-1GD3-L NVIDIA GT610 SILENT 1GD3 PCIE2.0
DVI-I HDMI CUDA PHYSX DX11 LOW PROFILE 90-C1CSC1-L0UANAYZ

I have two fire wire pci card with three ports each for a total of six ports. In a tab I connected a pinnacle studio movie box in the other fire wire card I connected an ADVC-55, thus avoiding to inject streams on the same firewire card. The pinnacle always work well while the ADVC-55, after x minutes (15-20) freezes and no longer works, sometimes the system tells me that the resources are insufficient. Can you help me understand the problem. Thank you

IceStream  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 6:20:44 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
What happens if you switch the inputs to the other card? Does the Pinnacle fail?
What about on it's own, does the GrassValley still fail after x minutes?
Despite having 6 firewire ports, you are never likely to be able to use more than one port off of each card for video (which you have done). Now I am no computer geek, but having two cards side by side on your only remaining expansion slots for that Micro ATX board may be where the bottleneck lies in terms of system resources. I would explore that a little further if each device works fine on it's own.

Ice
STADIORADIO  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 7:26:38 AM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

thanks for your ice
I apologize I'm Italian and I know little English

before I connected the two capture cards on the same PCI card, I had three doors available, why buy another? Then came the problem "insufficient resources" and tried to install a second fire wire card worked for a while, then got stuck, and staccavo riattacavo cable and reactivated, but now even if I disconnect the cable does not see it most. And 'the motherboard that does not fit? What motherboard do you suggest? Thanks again for your availability, we do not have much experience :-)

but we're getting good at ii, soon to pass vMix HD, this is our last live work

congratulations to those who work on this fantastic project that is making our dreams
STADIORADIO  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:43:58 AM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

I understand that my pc with these features, it can handle many inputs. We transmit live football matches. We use input capture, record, streaming, we also put the scoreboard overlay1, logo overlay2, stinger, and title with overlay3 also delay video, with lots of replay at least 10, for sure our system does not support all of these inputs and the second card acquisition does not work well for this reason. The question at this point is: I need to change the graphics card? What do you suggest to use? or I have to improve other characteristics? if so, which ones? Thanks for the answer I want to give. good work
STADIORADIO  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:54:50 AM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

please, can you give me a solution? :-(
STADIORADIO  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 5:25:07 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

Solution too difficult or too stupid question?
IceStream  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:45:44 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

A couple of questions:
What is it that you hope to do/accomplish?
What is your budget to make improvements?
Your i5 should be able to handle what you are currently doing in SD.
Your choice of video cards is probably limited for that MB unless you want to change to a conventional card which will take up two slots...
FireWire is dated technology and would not be recommended as the way to build for the future. A proper video capture card with multiple inputs is the way to go.
If you plan to remain SD then perhaps a simple solution might be the magewell USB external capture box (can't remember the model #, check the options out here: http://www.magewell.com/hardware?lang=en).
As I said, it's difficult to know exactly where your system struggling without more info as to the problem. From your description it seems the only issue was trying to capture two cameras with FireWire. If your system fails with only one input, you'll need to figure out what is triggering the problem.
STADIORADIO  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:44:59 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

First of all thanks for having responded Ice
We will spend a short vMix HD, not because we want to broadcast in HD, but to have a superior quality to 768x576 pixels, then in time you will see, our users hardly use HD, so at the moment is not worth it. But in any case we want to make progress in improving the quality of time. You then think that the problem is not the system, but capture cards? So we should use cards acquisione without going through the firewire ports? Right? Perhaps using capture cards to be installed on the pci slot pc? We thought that the limit was the graphics card ..... We await your response, thanks again

ps per rispondere alle tue domande, il nostro lavoro è nel riprendere in diretta partite di calcio, vorremmo arrivare ad utlizzare almento tre telecamere, ma anche due andrebero bene. Avremmo necessità di cestire molti replay con videodelay. Il budget non è un problema, o forse si! :-) Thanks Ice
IceStream  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:52:59 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Once again, I am not a computer geek, so my knowledge is limited, but I suspect you have a bottleneck somewhere in your system such that you are not able to process all the video information you desire. Undoubtedly, higher end components will yield better results, but Pirrelli tires will only go as fast as the car they are on is capable of.
My understanding is that a lot of the video processing in vMix is handled by the video card. I am not familiar with the specs of your particular card and it's compatibility with vMix other than it is a single slot card to better fit the micro ATX Motherboard, being a 600 series NVidia, you would think it should be fine but perhaps it lacks the horsepower vMix needs, so that may indeed be one of the problems (you will have to investigate further with someone who knows more).
If budget is not a major issue, you might want to consider a complete upgrade to an i7 on a full size ATX board with multiple expansion slots and hard drive bays which will give you many more options for future expansion.
Definitely a dedicated capture card is the way to go, especially if you hope to have 3 or more cameras hooked up. I would look here first: http://www.vmix.com.au/supported-hardware.aspx and go with one that is known to work with vMix and meets your needs.
With multiple replays, videos and overlays, you want to make sure everything has a clear pipeline to be processed and not have a traffic jam somewhere within your system. That's why I say: find out what exactly what is the limitation of your system to either work around it or build better.
STADIORADIO  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 5:31:05 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

clear, limpid, crystalline :-) ...... who we will never give explanations of the techniques? :-) Ok! first step to buy a nice capture card pci, a magewell seems to face our case, we will take a look at a more powerful graphics card ..... in the meantime, maybe someone will give us a hint on this forum .... Ice ..... thanks again!
STADIORADIO  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:55:56 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

who sells magewell?
IceStream  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:34:21 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Magewell is a relatively young company and may not have a wide distribution network through Europe, let alone Italy. I would contact them directly to explore your options...
BTW, a quick search of the NVidia GT610 silent indicates that it is not a very powerful (gaming) graphics card, not that you need a great gaming card for vMix but Martin recommends a GeForce 650 or better (http://forums.vmix.com.au/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1526)
Keep us posted as to your progress.
STADIORADIO  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 9:05:51 AM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

great ...... the cost is very affordable, I thought of having to face much higher costs, I am convinced that with the replacement of the graphics card and the transition to a capture card on pci slot will solve our problems, you probably already with the installation of the geforce l80% will be solved ..... I'll keep you updated, thanks for the help
STADIORADIO  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:22:01 AM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

I share my experience with the hope that it serves to users of our level. We have made ​​a new direct Vmix with two cameras, with the configuration that I described above, but we used a few inputs (the two cameras, a source image and audio) the system worked perfectly. Let it be clear that we have to replace as soon as the acquisition system via a PCI card, to improve the management of resources, but especially video quality, it seems to me, however, to understand that the main problem, pointed out that at the beginning of this discussion is the graphics card, to replace at least a GeForce GT 650M
STADIORADIO  
#15 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2014 1:19:41 PM(UTC)
STADIORADIO

Man

with version 12.0.0.120 I had no more problems, I'm installing the 12.0.0.131 .... hopefully continue to go well :-)

good job