logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Revocayne  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2021 10:06:01 PM(UTC)
Revocayne

Groups: Registered
Malaysia

Originally Posted by: doggy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Revocayne Go to Quoted Post

Yes it seems like this is the only workaround for now.

I believe you using it in a predominantly white VS made it way more obvious to notice (this flaw) compare to a more colorful/crowded VS

The UV maps on their own are correct , is when combining them with other layers (mostly a transparent one) in image editor the result is creating the issue

Yes coincidently the VS that I used has a great contrast with it. Still, thanks a lot everyone for the help and effort in troubleshooting!
matkeane  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2021 2:16:37 AM(UTC)
matkeane

France

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Revocayne Go to Quoted Post
Was wondering how people create the UVmap that fits directly on the virtual sets, maybe through 3D software? Anyone tried that approach yet?

Yes, I've also exported UV maps from Blender (recent example on my website here: Virtual Studio Project with Blender & vMix). The large semi-circular cyclo in that project didn't show any artefacts, but the floor was deliberately made darker near the edges to hide any potential problems. I have sometimes encountered glitchy edges with Blender, but mostly on nearly horizontal straight edges. My workaround is to scale the UV colour texture a couple of pixels outside the object's UV map in Blender, which seems to achieve the same result as cropping a couple of pixels. Or, of course, place a layer in front of the UV map - I've noticed that quite a few sets with virtual screens include a frame on a layer that sits in front of them, which conveniently hides any ugly edges!
NiBTour  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2021 11:36:25 PM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
^----- THIS. what he said
First make sure you create your UVMap in 4K and over size it by a few pixels so the edge issue isn't a problem. Or feather it if allowed.

In photoshop make sure your set to image mode 16bit per channel before working with your uvmap and again make sure its at least 3840x2160. Even if your working in a 1080 or 720 workflow. This insures the sharpness when manipulating the UV map if needed.

when resizing or doing anything make sure you are your only resampling when downsizing.

once you are done always go to File and select the "Save As Copy" option. not the Save or Save as or the Export. Never use Export to PNG because it will always use a 8bit channel. The "Save As Copy" is the only way you can create true 64bit PNG files and that's what you need to remove a lot of your issues with quality and what not. Otherwise Photoshop will save it or export it as a 24bit PNG or 32. When you hit the "Save As Copy" just go down and select the PNG option and a dialog will pop-up and just hit enter.

Not you can use the Save As but only if your image has a single layer. so i just use save as copy and it doesn't matter

-king
doggy  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2021 11:45:23 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NiBTour Go to Quoted Post
^----- THIS. what he said
First make sure you create your UVMap in 4K and over size it by a few pixels so the edge issue isn't a problem. Or feather it if allowed.

In photoshop make sure your set to image mode 16bit per channel before working with your uvmap and again make sure its at least 3840x2160. Even if your working in a 1080 or 720 workflow. This insures the sharpness when manipulating the UV map if needed.

when resizing or doing anything make sure you are your only resampling when downsizing.

once you are done always go to File and select the "Save As Copy" option. not the Save or Save as or the Export. Never use Export to PNG because it will always use a 8bit channel. The "Save As Copy" is the only way you can create true 64bit PNG files and that's what you need to remove a lot of your issues with quality and what not. Otherwise Photoshop will save it or export it as a 24bit PNG or 32. When you hit the "Save As Copy" just go down and select the PNG option and a dialog will pop-up and just hit enter.

Not you can use the Save As but only if your image has a single layer. so i just use save as copy and it doesn't matter

-king

What if you have to resize, crop, modify shape of the UVmap into a full sized frame to something that fits within the VS layout?
AndreasJ  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, December 15, 2021 7:57:40 AM(UTC)
AndreasJ

Germany

I'm quite sure that the Problem ist not caused by the UV Map.

original Glitching

I tried to fix the Problem by adding an additional overlapping layer to my VS Input.

1. Picture of VS (Fullscreen HD UV Map original one from vmix Website)
2. Content (smaller resized HD UV Map)
3. Picture of VS with transparent Cut Out of the Content, but a little bit smaller so the glitching edges will be overlapped. (Fullscreen HD UV Map original one from vmix Website)

Code:
<virtualSet>
  <input name="Background" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" cropping="0,0,1,1" dynamic="True" uvmap="background.png">background.png</input>
  <input name="Spiegelung" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" cropping="0,0,1,1" dynamic="True" uvmap="Spiegelung.png">Spiegelung.png</input>
  <input name="Content" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" dynamic="True" uvmap="Content.png">Content.png</input>
  <input name="Foreground" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" cropping="0,0,1,1" dynamic="True" uvmap="background.png">background.png</input>
  <zoom name="Close Up" x="0.5149485" y="-0.6750001" zoomX="2.134" zoomY="2.134" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" />
  <zoom name="Medium Shot" x="0.07025766" y="-0.1666666" zoomX="1.489" zoomY="1.489" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" />
  <zoom name="Full" x="0.04683828" y="-0.619" zoomX="2.456" zoomY="2.456" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" />
  <zoom name="Custom" x="0" y="0" zoomX="1" zoomY="1" rotateX="0" rotateY="0" rotateZ="0" />
</virtualSet>

Glitch with additional Layer

But what i get was much more glitching. On every edge of the cut out, i can see that on zooming the VS, vmix is not moving every layer properly simultaneously.

I'm quite sure thats why the glitches exists. And not the sharpening of UVMap edges.
zxa@centrum.cz  
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 5:47:48 PM(UTC)
zxa@centrum.cz

Czech Republic

I still can see no real solution of this problem so I wrote email to vMix.

---
Hello,

I have problem.

Input 3 = color bars
Input 2 = color transparent, layer 1 = input 3, scaled down to 0,9
Input 1 = virtual set, layer 1 =input 2, zoom = 0,8355

Now you can see, everything works well, but there is thin line on top and left side of frame which shouldnt be there.

My UV map is correct and there is no problem. I cannot figure this out anyway, I think this is some problem in vmix?

Here is link on files and screenshots and I thank you in advance for any hint or just tell me this is something I cant resolve.

Problem is discussed on forums but I think that nobody has found solution.

Files in attachment or here:

https://drive.google.com...R1pt_aJ/view?usp=sharing

Thank you, Jakub

---

I will post reply here If there will be any...

doggy  
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 7:00:13 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: zxa@centrum.cz Go to Quoted Post
I still can see no real solution of this problem so I wrote email to vMix.

Based on a mention before in this thread i searched through my emails for a vMix response on the matter (August,21)

Quote:
Yes, we have been in contact with that user with regards to their problem, and yes, it is related to the "border" of the UV map, essentially, it is feathered (one pixel slightly transparent).
As near as we can tell, this is an antialiasing feature imposed by Photoshop when saving the file, but as we are not Photoshop experts, we cannot verify nor do we know how to disable that "feature" or eliminate it from the original sample file.
UV maps created with GIMP do not appear to have this "border" issue.

Kind Regards,

Greg Akeson
vMix

zxa@centrum.cz  
#28 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 2:27:41 AM(UTC)
zxa@centrum.cz

Czech Republic

I tried GIMP. Thin line is there even if I use various parametres of PNG export... but I have some development - its on the other side of input.

I would really like to see "non-full-size" UVmap where there is not this issue. I doubt it exist.

This happens even in case if you use original files from vmix vset library (Demo UVMap VirtualSetWorks).
doggy  
#29 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 5:13:17 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Originally Posted by: zxa@centrum.cz Go to Quoted Post
I tried GIMP. Thin line is there even if I use various parametres of PNG export... but I have some development - its on the other side of input.

I would really like to see "non-full-size" UVmap where there is not this issue. I doubt it exist.

This happens even in case if you use original files from vmix vset library (Demo UVMap VirtualSetWorks).

Can also post a development :-)

Tried to replicate it again but am not getting it anymore ( but i have upgraded my RAM and drives (faster) since and a clean WIndows install ). Makes one wonder.
zxa@centrum.cz  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 9:08:01 AM(UTC)
zxa@centrum.cz

Czech Republic

Hi,

This is not avoidable due to how graphics cards render edges.
You will need to ensure your UV map graphics are not zoomed in, but are instead always 100% of the virtual set.

In your example the virtual set has been zoomed in 0.8355 so set this to 100% to avoid this effect.

Kind Regards,

Martin
vMix
support@vmix.com

Sent: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 17:42:21 +1000
To: support@vmix.com
Subject: vmix problm
Hello,

I have problem.

Input 3 = color bars
Input 2 = color transparent, layer 1 = input 3, scaled down to 0,9
Input 1 = virtual set, layer 1 =input 2, zoom = 0,8355

Now you can see, everything works well, but there is thin line on top and left side of frame which shouldnt be there.

My UV map is correct and there is no problem. I cannot figure this out anyway, I think this is some problem in vmix?

Here is link on files and screenshots and I thank you in advance for any hint or just tell me this is something I cant resolve.

Problem is discussed on forums but I think that nobody has found solution.

Files in attachment or here:

https://drive.google.com...R1pt_aJ/view?usp=sharing

Thank you, Jakub

aminmukhtar  
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2022 11:07:38 PM(UTC)
aminmukhtar

Malaysia

Here can help and solve this issue. Please make a blur edge around this image area. you can see no flikering and black edge there.

Have a nice day!!! solve.PNG (190kb) downloaded 1 time(s).