logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SurFM  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 11:48:46 PM(UTC)
SurFM

Groups: Registered
Spain

Good afternoon

I am David Rodríguez, director of SurFm, a radio and television station in the south of Fuerteventura, in canary inslands. In 2020 we acquired two computers with vmix hd that already had the license installed. The problem is when the subscription has expired and we have purchased a package for another 12 months.

The seller does not remember what e-mail he put, we have the password but it is restricted... I don't know what to do, we are desperate.

Please, if someone can help me... I put a screenshot without the complete key, obviously to see what we can do. Thank you !

https://ibb.co/tP4Nxv1 Problma VMIX
WaltG12  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2022 12:20:19 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Did you try emailing support? I doubt anyone here will be able to help you.

That said, I'm not sure support would be able to help you, as it'd seem like a great way to enable people to steal another's license key.

If they've had so many email addresses over the past few years that they have absolutely no way of knowing what email they possibly could've registered under, but, somehow, still have the password, my guess is that there's very little that could be done, from a security standpoint--at least, by you.

If support has the means to verify the actual purchaser's identity with the actual purchaser, they might be able to assist them, who could, in turn, help you, but, like I said, helping you gain access to the license key that you have no official affiliation with would seem, to me anyway, to be a pretty big security issue.

Either way, there's nobody on this forum that could do anything for you. You'll have to contact support, who, most likely, will probably tell you to have the purchaser of record contact them, assuming vMix is transferable in the first place.
zenvideo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2022 3:00:43 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SurFM Go to Quoted Post
... I put a screenshot without the complete key, obviously to see what we can do. Thank you !

What happens when you try to access the vMix user account by using that licence key?
WaltG12  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2022 10:27:07 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: zenvideo Go to Quoted Post

What happens when you try to access the vMix user account by using that licence key?

I assume that's what they were referring to when they said it's "restricted", as that's the wording of the "error" message.

When you try to login with the license key on an account that's set to use email/password instead, you get the message

Quote:
This key is restricted to logging in with an email and password only.

That's almost definitely what they're referring to.
eduardocfs  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2022 12:25:59 PM(UTC)
eduardocfs

Man
Brazil

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 6 post(s)
When a vMix Register is set to RESTRICT, you need to be the owner of email account associated to that Register