logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WaltG12  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 8:08:26 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
The banner above the Output window lists (and highlights in the designated color) the name of the input being fed to Output 1.

There is no such information displayed for Outputs 2-4. Presumably, this is because they aren't designed to change. But, as they can be changed with shortcuts & triggers, it can helpful to provide that information just as with Output 1.

In fact, it can be helpful to display the information just as a reminder that it exists.

Naturally, due to the aspect ratio, you can't provide additional banners without shrinking the window, but you can use the width of the banner to display information on the additional outputs.

I've taken the liberty of using the Input tabs to design and provide a mockup below.

Making an optional "Display information on Outputs 2-4 in the Output window" setting would allow those who, like me, find benefit in it to enable it while allowing those who don't to maintain the interface as it exists now.

Mockup image:

It's not proportional, because it's just a quick mockup based on the Input interface, but I think it works to demonstrate the concept. The numbers would, of course, denote the specific output that it corresponds to.

It'd go pair well with the suggestion to add colors to Outputs 2-4, but I submitted both separately because I feel that, while they're each a logical continuation of the other, they both have their independent uses & should be evaluated separately.
Peter Berglund  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 9:15:35 PM(UTC)
Peter Berglund

Groups: Registered
Man
Sweden

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
+1, why not?

My "workaround" is to activate NDI for the outputs and then create NDI-inputs. Then you can select what output you monitor on those inputs and you can for example feed that to a Multiview (or only source) on a separate monitor. Or just observe the content in the input window. It works quite well I would say, but it would be good to have something like your proposal.

/Peter