logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WaltG12  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 7:30:10 PM(UTC)
WaltG12

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Without an additional monitor, which I (and I assume others) have no means of integrating, vMix provides 2 windows with which to view inputs in a larger size with a more prominent position: the Output window & the Preview window.

With some of my use-cases, I (and I assume others) don't always have a need for the Preview window & instead use it to monitor a specific input (almost always one being routed to Output 2, 3, or 4).

Sending the input to the Preview window works, with the downside that, any time I do anything other than "Cut Direct", I briefly lose the image until I bring it back.

I think the method used on the Output window would actually be great to have on the Preview window as well, for those times when people like me are using it for the previously mentioned purpose.

As it stands now, clicking the Settings cog over the Output window allows you to pick between "Input Settings", "Output 1", "Output 2", "Output 3", and "Output 4", while clicking the cog on the Preview window only opens up the Input Settings.

It'd be helpful if it, instead, provides the same menu on the "Preview" window that's present for the "Output" window (of course, with the addition of a "Preview" option).

Like the Output window, it'd still name & highlight the input that's in "Preview", so that information would still be available; it just, like the Output window, wouldn't display that particular input in the window itself.