logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steffen  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2022 5:39:05 PM(UTC)
Steffen

Groups: Registered

Every Sunday we run vmix and because we have very limited volunteers to help I set up a playlist that goes through our different cameras. We have different slides from PowerPoint that we include in our live stream so people can follow along with the main points and scriptures we use. This is where we run into a bit of an issue: when we switch to the slide and need it to be up for a while (while reading the content) when the time is up that we appointed in the playlist it will switch automatically to the camera even though we are not finished with the slide yet. My question is: Is there a way to make our PowerPoint slides a priority? So that the playlist will temporarily stop (or better said, PAUSE) until we go back to the camera and then it would automatically continue the playlist.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Joeboe  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2022 6:48:28 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
In the playlist settings, turn off auto next.....so you will have full manual control
thanks 1 user thanked Joeboe for this useful post.
Steffen on 1/10/2022(UTC)
Steffen  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2022 1:34:26 PM(UTC)
Steffen

Originally Posted by: Joeboe Go to Quoted Post
In the playlist settings, turn off auto next.....so you will have full manual control

Thank you! But then my volunteers will have to remember to manually switch through the cameras. I have it set to playlist so they won't forget and can focus on running the rest of the production. So it doesn't really work for us in manual. I would need a way to prioritize our slides only - meaning, that the playlist pauses when we are on the slide but when we go back to the camera the playlist automatically resumes to switch through
dmwkr  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2022 7:43:25 PM(UTC)
dmwkr

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 107 post(s)
Set the time to 0 and the Playlist will wait for manual advance. Alternatively, set the time to a something that will definitely be long enough, like 17 hours 52 minutes and 36 seconds... :)
thanks 1 user thanked dmwkr for this useful post.
Steffen on 1/11/2022(UTC)
Steffen  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2022 1:37:51 PM(UTC)
Steffen

Originally Posted by: dmwkr Go to Quoted Post
Set the time to 0 and the Playlist will wait for manual advance. Alternatively, set the time to a something that will definitely be long enough, like 17 hours 52 minutes and 36 seconds... :)

Thank you very much. That would be an awesome solution if I would know when the slides come up exactly but unfortunately, I don't. So I can't put the PowerPoint to be part of the playlist.
But thank you for the suggestion
Steffen  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 11, 2022 1:42:55 PM(UTC)
Steffen

I found a way that works for me... I don't know if anyone is interested but just in case:

I organize my playlist as I want (switching through the camera inputs automatically on loop) and let it play throughout - then when I need the slide I use it as an overlay (either from 1-4; depending on how many others I have assigned) - since it is an overlay I can leave it put as long as I need - in the background the playlist still keeps on cycling through the playlist but the live viewers won't see that. So that would solve my issue.

Thanks everyone for trying to help, really appreciate it!